Emergency Contraception (ECP or Morning After Pill) can be used if you have had unprotected vaginal sex and don't want to get pregnant.
Situations for use include:
- you had vaginal sex without birth control
- the condom broke or slipped off
- you missed taking two or more birth control pills
- you were two or more days late starting your pack
- your diaphragm slipped out of place
- you missed your birth control shot
- you had unwanted sex or were forced to have sex (we recommend you contact a provider for additional support)
Do I need a prescription for Plan B or Next Choice and if so how do I get one?
No. EC is available without a prescription but may be free or less expensive if you have a provider prescribe it. Contact us to obtain a prescription during our business hours. An appointment is not necessary. DO NOT delay in taking EC to get a prescription if we are closed.
Where can I purchase Plan B or Next Choice?
Regardless of whether or not you have a prescription, you can purchase EC at these locations which are within walking distance of UVM. A $10 coupon for Plan B may be available at http://planbonestep.com/coupon.aspx.
|FAHC—UHC Pharmacy||(in same building as UVM Student Health)
1 S. Prospect St., First Floor
|FAHC—Hospital Pharmacy||111 Colchester Ave.
|Rite Aid Pharmacy||158 Cherry St.
|Lakeside Pharmacy||242 Pearl St.
|Planned Parenthood||183 St. Paul St.
Last modified May 05 2014 06:00 PM