Student Health Services
Student Health Services (SHS) provides a comprehensive and holistic approach to the care of students at both of our clinic sites. We see students by appointment for general health concerns, gynecology concerns, acute and chronic medical conditions, injuries, preventive care and specialized services. We encourage and welcome students to call us for an appointment or to get advice and guidance over the phone. We know students are busy, so we offer many same day and next day appointments. Don’t know if you need an appointment? Call 656-3350 and ask to speak to a triage nurse to help decide.
What services does SHS provide?
- Primary care, including screening & prevention, sexual health & gender specific care health, management of existing health conditions and medical management of mental health conditions.
- Nutrition Services
- Allergy Clinic
- Travel Clinic
- Flu vaccine clinics
How does one access these services?
- Call the clinic at (802) 656-3350; select from the menu to make an appointment, request a prescription refill, speak to a triage nurse, or access our billing, insurance/immunization, or medical records offices.
- Send a secure message to your PCP with questions
What are the hours at SHS?
- We are generally open Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
- During the academic year we are also open Saturdays, 9am to 1pm for acute care only.
- We typically close for staff meetings on Thursday mornings 8-9:20am.
- See our Contact Information page for your options when Student Health Services is closed.
Our goal is to help you be an informed health care consumer, advocate for your own health, be healthy, stay healthy, and be successful here at UVM!