Student Health Services
Student Health Services (SHS) provides a comprehensive and holistic approach to the care of students at both of our clinic sites. We see students by appointment for general health concerns, gynecology concerns, acute and chronic medical conditions, injuries, preventive care and specialized services. We encourage and welcome students to call us for an appointment or to get advice and guidance over the phone. We know students are busy, so we offer many same day and next day appointments. Don’t know if you need an appointment? Call 656-3350 and ask to speak to a triage nurse to help decide.
What services does SHS provide?
- Primary care, including screening & prevention, sexual health & gender specific care health, management of existing health conditions and medical management of mental health conditions.
- Nutrition Services
- Allergy Clinic
- Travel Clinic
- Flu vaccine clinics
How does one access these services?
- Call the clinic at (802) 656-3350; select from the menu to make an appointment, request a prescription refill, speak to a triage nurse, or access our billing, insurance/immunization, or medical records offices.
- Send a secure message to your PCP with questions
What are the hours at SHS?
- Year round, we are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; we are usually closed for staff meetings Thursday mornings 8-9:20.
- During the academic year, we also offer sick care clinic on Saturdays, 9am to 1pm.
- After hours, we have a phone accessible nursing coverage to address urgent health issues. This can be accessed by phoning the main clinic phone and pressing the “on call” option. A SHS health care provider is always available as back up as well.
Our goal is to help you be an informed health care consumer, advocate for your own health, be healthy, stay healthy, and be successful here at UVM!