Department of Chemistry
Chem 31 Laboratory Instructional Videos
- These videos are intended for viewing prior to attending the laboratory.
- Your TA may include lab quiz questions from the videos.
- Once you activate a link below, there may be a minute or more delay in the loading of the video before it starts. You may see the bar below the video increase then stop. Hit the "play" button to start.
- Select a lab experiment to watch:
- Introduction to the lab room
- Experiment 1: Density of an unknown metal
- Experiment 2: Investigation of a hydrated salt
- Experiment 3: Chemical reactions (no video, sorry)
- Experiment 4: Acid content in a food product
- Experiment 5: Synthesis of a coordination compound
- Experiment 6: Gas law determination of a molar mass
- Experiment 7: Heat capacity of a calorimeter
- Experiment 8: Heat of formation MgO
- Experiment 9: Flame emission of metals
- Experiment 10: Qualitative analysis
- These videos require the QuickTime plugin. If you are accessing these videos from a UVM campus computer, you are most likely ready to view.
- If you do not have QuickTime installed, go to www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ to download the free player.
- Remember, after downloading the player, you must install it on your computer before viewing the videos.
Last modified September 19 2013 04:16 PM