Chem 31 Laboratory Instructional Videos
- These videos are intended for viewing prior to attending the laboratory.
- Your TA may include lab quiz questions from the videos.
- Once you activate a link below, there may be a minute or more delay in the loading of the video before it starts. You may see the bar below the video increase then stop. Hit the "play" button to start.
- Select a lab experiment to watch:
- Introduction to the lab room
- Experiment 1: Determination of acid content in a food product
- Experiment 2: Chemical reactions of copper – video coming soon; extra points to any student who makes one for us first.
- Experiment 3: Gas law determination of molecular weight
- Experiment 4: Heat capacity and heat of neutralization
- Experiment 5: Heat of formation of magnesium oxide
- Experiment 6: Flame emission of metals
- Experiment 7: Qualitative analysis
- Experiment 8: Molecular models – something you grasp in your hands; no video, sorry
- Experiment 9: Evaporation and intermolecular forces – video coming soon; extra points to any student who makes one for us first.
- These videos require the QuickTime plugin. If you are accessing these videos from a UVM campus computer, you are most likely ready to view.
- If you do not have QuickTime installed, go to www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ to download the free player.
- Remember, after downloading the player, you must install it on your computer before viewing the videos.
Last modified September 17 2015 04:45 PM