Resources for the Sabbatical and RPT Process
Click on the items below to reveal descriptions about the overall process of the RPT process.
[+] Reveal Overview of Process and Technical Guidance
- The faculty member fills out the electronic form found on the UVM Provost's web site (blue/green sheet)
- The faculty member collects all supporting materials that they would like to use as supplementary examples to their narrative in the downloaded form from step 1.
- The faculty member converts all of the supporting materials to PDF files and names them like:
- The faculty member either meets with Laurie Gelles with all of the supplementary materials, or he/she uploads these files to their zoo account (~netid) using fetch or another SFTP program.
- The faculty member learns from Laurie Gelles (either in person or via email) how to create their links and put them into the form from step 1.
- The faculty member creates and tests all of their links in the form from step 1.
- The faculty member provides an electronic copy (via UVM's filetransfer, pen drive, or burned CD/DVD) to his/her reviewing chair.
At this point, the chairperson does what he/she needs to do with Kelly Circe.
[+] Reveal to read the instructions for uploading your files using the web-based UVM file manager
- Make sure your filenames do not have spaces, apostrophes, commas, or periods in them (except for the period before the extension .pdf)
- Go to: https://www.uvm.edu/files/
- Log in using your netid and password (same as for your email)
- Click on the left menu item named "Zoofiles-Webpage"
- Click on the folder icon next to rpt in the center frame of the page
- Click on the folder icon next to documents in the center frame of the page
- Click on the Upload button at the top of the page, then in the pop-up window, click "Browse..." to find your file
- Find your file, click on it once to highlight it, and click on the button to choose it (usually says Okay, or Choose)
- Once you see your file next to the "Browse..." button, click the "Upload" button to the bottom right
- Click the minus button (top right of the pop-up window) to close the window once you have finished uploading your files.
[+] Reveal to read the Instructions for creating hyperlinks within your Word document
***NOTE: Each person should fill in *his or her* netid where it says "netid".***
- Go to the above link
- Type in your email username and password
- Right click on the file that you want to use as a link
- Choose "Copy Link" (or whatever is closest to that description)
- Open your word document
- Navigate to the place where you want to insert your link
- Click where you want to put the link in your word document
- Go to Edit > Paste
- Hit the spacebar once to make the link live
Your link should look something like: https://www.uvm.edu/~netid/rpt/documents/name_of_your_file.pdf
***NOTE: The https:// before the file name is imperative!***
Click on the items below to download Sabbatical and RPT files.
- RPT Criteria (10-29-04) (PDF)
- RPT Application Schedule (PDF)
- Green Sheet/Blue Sheet Description (PDF)
- Dossier Preparation (PDF)
- Help Me Sheets from the CESS RPT TFT Training Sessions (PDF)
- 2012 RPT Shell (PDF)
- RPT Assessment Form (doc)
- Optional Cover Sheet for RPT Binder (doc)
- Sabbatical Application Schedule (PDF)
- Sabbatical and Professional Development Leave (PDF)
- Guidelines for Reporting - Sabbatical (2011) (PDF)
- Optional Cover Sheet for Sabbatical Binder (doc)
Last modified December 03 2012 09:06 AM