Staff Advisory Council
The Staff Advisory Council (SAC) was created by Dean Fayneese Miller in 2005 to provide a safe and confidential forum for staff to share ideas and concerns, provide opportunities for professional development and staff retreats, and to encourage social responsibility in the surrounding community.
The mission of the Staff Advisory Council (SAC) is to facilitiate active and direct communicaton between the College of Education and Social Services staff and Dean Miller. The SAC provides a forum for input and discussion of issues important to the staff, the College, and the University, and promotes professional development and team building opportunities.
- Select staff members to serve as Chair and Co-Chair to act as advisors to the Dean with the aim of creating a positive working environment for all CESS staff.
- Meeting minutes to be taken at all meetings. These minutes will be placed on the website for access to all staff members
- Establish committees to develop activities which strive to continually improve communication and morale through special educational, recreational, informational, and community service events
- Provide a safe and supportive network for communication and the achievement of goals
- Encourage social responsibility and service to the College of Education and Social Services, the University, and the greater community
News from the Staff Advisory Council
It started out with a small thank you card a group of students left on the desk of Margie Dunki-Jacobs, Administrative Assistant in the Middle Level and Secondary Education Programs in the Department of Education in the College of Education and Social Services. Each day for the past six years, Margie assists the Program ...
The 2012 CESS Staff Retreat was a resounding success!