2012-2013 CESS Staff Recognition Awards
Purpose of the Award
The purpose of the CESS Staff Recognition Award is to formally recognize the work and contributions of staff members in the College of Education and Social Services.
All staff members (full-time and part-time) are eligible for the Award in a given year except for:
- Staff members who received this award within the last three years
- Staff members of Staff Advisory Council (SAC) appointed to the Selection Committee
- Any Staff member in CESS appointed by the Dean to serve on the Selection Committee.
The following criteria must apply for the selection of the award recipients:
- Impact of employee’s efforts to assist any internal and external CESS/UVM community members
- Innovation in work methods that allow better utilization of resources
- Efforts to improve peer interaction within the CESS/UVM community
- Involvement and participation in committees, seminars, etc. that demonstrate a commitment to activities outside regular job duties
- Exemplary service in keeping with the mission of the CESS
Under normal circumstances, there will be two award recipients during a fiscal year. Each recipient will be presented with a framed certificate of recognition, their name added to a plaque that will be displayed outside the CESS Dean’s office, and a cash award. The cash award is taxable.
Any member of the CESS community can submit nominations for the CESS Staff Recognition Award. Faculty, staff, alumni and students are all encouraged to participate in the nomination process. Successful nominees would be expected to receive support from a wide range of individuals. A nominator may nominate more than one staff member at the same time. Self-nomination is acceptable.
The nomination documents to be submitted by a nominator are as follows
- A recommendation letter: This letter summarizes why the nominee is deserving of this award. It must draw on specific examples of superior performance and the overall assessment of the nominee’s contributions to the College in as detailed a manner as possible
- The Nomination Form (.docx) : Please fill out accurately and entirely, and attach to recommendation letter.
Please submit both parts of the Nomination Submission to the CESS Dean’s Office no later than April 30, 2013. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
The Selection Committee will consist of five members, comprised of the following:
- Two faculty within the CESS appointed by the Dean
- Two former award recipients in the past three years invited by the Dean
- During the initial two years of the Award, two SAC members will be appointed by the Dean
- One additional CESS community member as appointed by the Dean
Announcement/Presentation of Award
The presentation of award will be held at the annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon in September. The award recipients will have their profiles posted on CESS website and an announcement will be made at the CESS commencement ceremony.
The selection timeline is outlined below:
- The CESS community is invited to submit nomination documents (April 30, 2013)
- Review of nomination documents by the committee and selection of award recipients (May 1-May 15, 2013)
- Presentation of Award (Staff Appreciation Luncheon September, 2013)
- Announcement of award recipients to the CESS Community (Via email/website September, 2013 & CESS Commencement
Last modified March 18 2013 11:01 AM