Faculty Biography | Lindsey Moses
Lindsey Moses, Ed.D.Assistant Professor
Lindsey Moses is an assistant professor of Early Childhood/Elementary Literacy in the Department of Education. Lindsey was an elementary teacher at a bilingual school in Colorado before going back to school for her M.A. in ESL, Multicultural, Bilingual Education. She received her doctorate in Educational Studies with a dual cognate of Reading and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education from the University of Northern Colorado. Lindsey was an assistant professor of Early Childhood Education at the University of Colorado for two years prior to coming to UVM. She teaches courses in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Literacy, and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education. Lindsey's research interests involve using a sociocultural perspective to explore how young learners construct meaning with text in various instructional settings.
Areas of Expertise:
Early Childhood; English Language Learners; Immigrant and Refugee Populations; Multiculturalism; Reading Education and Literacy; Teacher Education
- Moses, L. (2012) Microethnographic discourse analysis in an inquiry classroom. Classroom Discourse, 3(2), pp. 147-165.
- Guccione [Moses], L.M. (2011). In a world of mandates, making space for inquiry. The Reading Teacher, 64(7), pp. 515-519.
- Guccione [Moses], L.M. (2011). Integrating literacy and inquiry for English learners. The Reading Teacher, 64(8), pp. 567-577.
- Guccione [Moses], L.M. (2011). A tale of two schools: Making room for relation within scripted programs. Schools: Studies in Education, 8(2), pp. 252-264.
- Opitz, M. with L.M. Guccione [Moses]. Comprehension and English Language Learners: 25 Oral Reading Strategies That Cross Proficiency Levels. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann, July 2009.
- November 2011, Lindsey M. Guccione [Moses]. “A Cross-Case Analysis of Meaning Making in a Multilingual First-Grade Inquiry Classroom.” Literacy Research Association 61st Annual Meeting, Jacksonville, FL.
- September 2012, Lindsey Moses. "Rethinking Theoretical Perspectives to Provide Instructional Support for Inquiry Practices." Reading Association of Ireland, Dublin, Ireland.
- May 2012, Lindsey Moses. “Fostering Social Responsibility Through Inquiry.” International Reading Association, Chicago, IL.
- February 2012, Lindsey M. Guccione [Moses], Rachael Pritchard & Rachel Busetti-Frevert. “Implementing Inquiry with a Core Curriculum.” Colorado Council International Reading Association, Denver, CO.
- Ed.D. in Educational Studies: Reading and LDE from University of Northern Colorado