Faculty Biography | Kelly Melekis
Kelly Melekis, Ph.D.Assistant Professor
Areas of Expertise:
Aging/Gerontology; Collaboration; Ethics; Mental Health; Research Methods; Social Justice; Social Welfare
- Henwood, B. F., Melekis, K., & Stefancic, A. (2014). Introducing housing first within a rural service system: A multi-stakeholder perspective. Global Journal of Community Psychology Practice. Special issue on Transformative Change in Community Mental Health, 5(1). Retrieved from http://www.gjcpp.org/pdfs/2014-SI06-20140519.pdf [abstract]
- Strolin, J., Sisselman, A., Melekis, K., Auerbach, C. (2014). Understanding the relationship between school-based health center use, school connection and academic performance. Health & Social Work, 39(2), 83-91.
- Mills-Dick, K. & Hull, J. M. (2011) Collaborative research: Empowering students and connecting to community. Journal of Public Health Management & Practice, 17(4), 381-387.
- Gonyea, J. G., Mills-Dick, K., Bachman, S. S. (2010). The complexities of elder homelessness: A shifting political landscape and emerging community responses. Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 53(7), 575-590.
- Mills-Dick, K., Geron, S. M., & Erwin, H. (2007). Evaluation through collaboration: A model program of agency-based training in geriatric social work. Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 50(1/2), 39-57.
- Mills-Dick, K. (2007). Working with homeless older adults: An impetus for hope and change. In L. M. Grobman and D. B. Bourassa (Eds.), Days in the Lives of Gerontological Social Workers (pp. 189-195). Harrisburg, PA: White Hat Communications.
- SWSS 168A, Social Work Practice I (Fall 2014)
- SWSS 212B, Social Work Practice I (Fall 2014)
Courses Taught in the Last 5 Years
Introduction to Social Work Research; Social Work Practice I
- Ph.D. in Social Work and Sociology from Boston University
- M.S.W. in Social Welfare from University of California at Berkeley
- B.S.W. in Social Work from University of Vermont
Licensure or Certifications
- Licensed Social Worker, State of New York
- American Public Health Association (APHA), Association for Gerontology Education in Social Work (AGE-SW), Association for Gerontology in Higher Education, Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), Gerontological Society of America (GSA), National Association of Social Workers (NASW), Society for Social Work and Research (SSWR)