Faculty Biography | Julie Richards
Julie Richards, Ph.D.Senior Lecturer
Areas of Expertise:
Child and Family Welfare; Disability and Inclusion; Family Studies; International and Global Studies; School Social Work
Vermont Child Welfare Training Partnership
- International Service-Learning (ISL): Creating an Intersession Social Work Course in India Quick Hits for Service-Learning: Successful Strategies from Award-winning Teachers. Indiana Campus Compact.
- Richards, J. (2009). Boundary Dilemmas and the Privilege of Knowing Heroes: Rural School Social Work. Working in Social Work: The Real Work Guide to Practice Settings. Routledge Publishers.
Courses Taught in the Last 5 Years
Field Experience Seminar I; Field Experience Seminr II; Human Behavior in the Social Environment I; Human Needs and Social Services; Social Work Practice in India
- Ph.D. in International Family and Community Studies from Clemson University
- M.S.W. in Social Work from McGill University
Licensure or Certifications
- Clinical Social Worker License, State of Vermont
- School Social Work Specialist, National Certification