Faculty Biography | Haley Woodside-Jiron
Haley Woodside-Jiron, Ph.D.Associate Professor
535 Waterman Building
Areas of Expertise:
Educational Policy; Learning and Cognition; Reading Education and Literacy; School Transformation; Teacher Education
- Woodside-Jiron, H., Strolin-Goltzman, J. & Suter, J. (2013). In Matto, H.C., Strolin-Goltzman, J. & Ballan, M. (Eds.) Neuroscience for Social Work: Implications for practice, policy, and research. New York: Springer Publications
- Woodside-Jiron, H. (2012). Promoting social and emotional learning competencies through innovative literacy instruction. Advances in Social, Emotional Learning Research, 6(2), 10.
- Woodside-Jiron, H. (2011). Language, power, and participation: Using critical discourse analysis to make sense of public policy. In R. Rogers (Ed.), An Introduction to Critical Discourse Analysis in Education, Volume 2 (pp. 154-182). NY: Routledge.
- Woodside-Jiron, H., & Gehsmann, K. (2009). Peeling back the layers of policy and school reform: Revealing the structural and social complexities within. International Journal of Disability, Development and Education, 56(1), 49-72.
- Gehsmann, K., & Woodside-Jiron, H. (2005). Becoming more effective in the age of accountability: A high poverty school narrows the literacy achievement gap. In C.M. Fairbanks, J. Worthy, B. Maloch, J.V. Hoffman, & D.L. Schalert, (Eds.), 54th Yearbook of the National Reading Conference (pp. 182-197). Chicago, IL: The National Reading Conference.
- Ph.D. in Reading and Literacy from State University of New York (SUNY) Albany