Faculty Biography | Haley Woodside-Jiron
Haley Woodside-JironAssociate Professor
539 Waterman Building
Areas of Expertise:
Educational Policy; Learning and Cognition; Reading Education and Literacy; School Transformation; Teacher Education
- Woodside-Jiron, H., & Gehsmann, K. (2009). Peeling back the layers of policy and school reform: Revealing the structural and social complexities within. International Journal of Disability, Development and Education, 56(1), 49-72.
- Gehsmann, K., & Woodside-Jiron, H. (2005). Becoming more effective in the age of accountability: A high poverty school narrows the literacy achievement gap. In C.M. Fairbanks, J. Worthy, B. Maloch, J.V. Hoffman, & D.L. Schalert, (Eds.), 54th Yearbook of the National Reading Conference (pp. 182-197). Chicago, IL: The National Reading Conference.
- Gerstl-Pepin, C., & Woodside-Jiron, H. (2005). Tensions between the "science" of reading and a "love of learning": One high-poverty school's struggle with NCLB. Equity & Excellence in Education, 38(3), 232-241.
- Woodside-Jiron, H. (2003). Critical policy analysis: Researching the roles of cultural models, power, and expertise in reading policy. Reading Research Quarterly, 38(4), 530-536.
- Johnston, P., Woodside-Jiron, H., & Day, J.P. (2001). Teaching and learning literate epistemologies. Journal of Educational Psychology, 93(1), 223-233.