Faculty Biography | Deborah Hunter
Deborah Hunter, Ph.D.Associate Professor
208 Mann Hall
I take seriously my role in supporting graduate students as they prepare for careers as higher educational and student affairs administrators. Working with both master's degree and doctoral students I strive to complicate their thinking about campus life and ways they can support student learning both inside and outside the classroom.
Areas of Expertise:
Higher Education; Student Affairs
- College Students and their Development: Scholarly inquiry and professional service centers on the developmental tasks that are manifest during the college experience. Also included are the campus support services needed to enhance student growth both inside and outside the classroom.
Courses Taught in the Last 5 Years
Controversies of the Academy; Higher Education and America's Promise; Leadership and the Creative Imagination; The (Un) Changing Academy; The American College Student
- Ph.D. in Higher Education and Student Affairs Administratio from Indiana Univeresity
Awards & Honors
- Jackie M. Gribbons Extraordinary Service Award from College of Education and Social Services: Recognition by the College of Education and Social Services of superior contributions to the University of Vermont (2007)
- Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Award from University of Vermont: Awarded for excellent classroom instruction at the University of Vermont (2005)
- Annuit Coeptis Award from American College Personnel Association: Recognition by a national professional association of contributions to the student affairs profession (2005)
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA), Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE), National Association for Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)