Faculty Biography | Carol Vallett
Carol Vallett, Ed.D.Research Associate Professor
206 Mann Hall
Dr. Vallett served as Dean of Continuing Education at the University of Vermont from 2002-2009. She has a background in both engineering and business as well as secondary science and mathematics education. Her research interests include organizational culture and positive organizational behavior as applied to educational institutions. Dr. Vallett is also active in program evaluation particularly in the area of educational technology, student centered learning and organizational systems. She uses mixed methods in her evaluations, her most recent evaluation was of the Vermont High School Completion Program for the Vermont Department of Education.
Areas of Expertise:
Organizational Development; Research Methods; Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM); Technology and Learning
- Cohen, J., Tarule, J., Vallett, C., Rambur, B., ( 2012). Stress in the Workplace: Theories and models of Organizational Stress. In V.H. Rice (Ed.). Handbook of stress, coping , and health (2nd Ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Rambur, B.,Vallett, C.,Tarule, J.,Cohen, J. (2010). The moral cascade: Distress, eustress and the virtuous organization. Journal of Organizational Moral Psychology, 1(1), 1-14. [abstract]
- Vallett, C.M. (2010). Exploring the relationship between organizational virtuousness and culture in continuing higher education, Journal of Continuing Higher Education, 58(3), pp. 130-210 [abstract]
- Vallett, C. & Alderman, T. (2011, November). Evaluation of the Vermont High School Completion Program. Presented at the National College Transitions Network, 5th Annual Conference, Warwick, RI
- Cohen, C., Rambur, B., Tarule, J., Vallett C. (2011, November) The moral cascade model: The intersection between leaders' moral decision making and organizational virtuousness. Presentation at the Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice Symposium, Burlington, VT
- Tarule, J., Vallett, C., Cohen, J.,Rambur, B., (2011, September). The moral cascade: Leaders' moral decisions shape and are shaped by organizational virtuousness. Presented at the 16th Annual Values and Leadership Conference, University Council for Educational Administration, Victoria, BC
- Rambur, B.,Coehn, J.,Tarule, J., Vallett, C., (2011, March). Moral decision-making in nursing: A theoretical model to guide research and practice. Eastern Nursing Research Society Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- Vallett, C., (2009, April). Sustainability in the New Economy. Panel presented at the University Continuing Education Association Annnual Meeting, Boston, MA.
- Ed.D. in Leadership and Policy Studies from University of Vermont
Awards & Honors
- Marlowe Froke Award from Association of Continuing Higher Education: This award recognizes the most outstanding published article in the Journal of Continuing Higher Education in a given year. The award selection committee evaluates articles on the basis of both content and style. They weigh the extent to which the articles stimulate the reader to think, provide new ideas, show innovation, and contribute to the literature of the profession of continuing higher education. (2011)
- Outstanding Service in Continuing Education from University Professional & Continuing Education Association: Regional award for outstanding contributions to the field of university continuing education. (2008)
Licensure or Certifications
- Vermont Educator License, Level 1, 7-12 Mathematics and Science
- American Educational Research Association (AERA), American Evaluation Association (AEA)