Faculty Biography | Colleen MacKinnon
Colleen T. MacKinnon, Ed.D. is the Director of Assessment and Accreditation in the College of Education and Social Services. Dr. MacKinnon's teaching and research interests include school governance, educational leadership, and the relationships among technology, schooling, and society. In addition to her work with the three departments of the college on accreditation activities, Dr. MacKinnon teaches online and serves on the NCATE Board of Examiners. Her active participation as a school board director for the past two decades informs her work in higher education.
Areas of Expertise:
Assessment and Evaluation; Educational Policy; History, Philosophy, Sociology of Education; Leadership; Research Methods; School Governance; Teacher Education
- MacKinnon, C. T. (2013). Growing organically: Building on strengths for Vermont doctoral education. In Valerie Storey (Ed.), Redesigning Professional Education Doctorates: Applications of Critical Friendship Theory to the EdD, Palgrave Macmillan. [abstract]
- Baker, E. & MacKinnon, C.T. (2014, March). Challenges and Opportunities of Rural Institutions for Meeting Field-Based Experiences. Roundtable presentation at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education, Indianapolis: IN.
- MacKinnon, C.T. (2013). Facilitating interprofessional and geographically-dispersed colleagueship in an online Social Foundations course. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Studies Association. Baltimore, MD.
Courses Taught in the Last 5 Years
Introduction to Research Methods; Soc, Hst & Phil Found of Educ; Technology, Schooling, and Society
- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies from The University of Vermont
- M.Ed. in Educational Studies from The University of Vermont
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE), American Educational Research Association (AERA), American Educational Studies Association (AESA), Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), National School Boards Association (NSBA), Vermont School Boards Association (VSBA)