Faculty Biography | Alan Tinkler
Areas of Expertise:
Curriculum and Instruction; English Language Learners; Ethics; Reading Education and Literacy; School Transformation; Social Justice; Teacher Education
- Tinkler, A., Tinkler, B., Hausman, E., & Tufo-Strouse, G. “Key Elements of Effective Service-Learning Partnerships from the Perspective of Community Partners.” Accepted with revisions by Partnerships: A Journal of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement.
- Tinkler, B., hannah, c., Tinkler, A., and Miller, E. (2014). “Analyzing a Service-Learning Experience Using a Social Justice Lens,” Teaching Education, 25(1), 82-98.
- Tinkler, A., Tinkler, B., Gerstl-Pepin, C., and Mugisha, V. (2014). “The Promise of a Community-Based, Participatory Approach to Service-Learning in Teacher Education.” The Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, 18(3), 209-232.
- Ph.D. in English from University of Denver
- American Educational Research Association (AERA), National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)