Faculty Biography | Anne Geroski
Anne Geroski, Ed.D.Associate Professor
101B Mann Hall, Trinity Campus
Dr. Anne Geroski is an Associate Professor in the Counseling Program. Formerly the Program Coordinator and School Track Coordinator, she has worked in the UVM Counseling Program since 1996. Anne has worked as an elementary school counselor as well as a mental health clinician, and most recently returned from a sabbatical experience in northwestern Alaska, where she worked with substance abuse and mental health counselors in the remote communities served by Maniilaq Health Center. Anne also worked as a counselor on the Zuni Indian reservation and studied Narrative Therapy at the University of Waikato in New Zealand during a previous sabbatical. Anne earned a Bachelors of Science degree in Special Education from Syracuse University, a Masterís of Science in Counseling from the University of New Mexico, and a Doctorate in Counselor Education from the University of Maine. Anneís scholarly interests focus on rural counseling practice, refugee youth, and group work in schools.
- Geroski A. & Kraus K. (2010). Process and content in school psychoeducational groups: Either Both or None? Journal for Specialists in Group Work.
- Winslade, J. & Geroski, A. (2008). A Social constructionist view of development. In K.L. Kraus (Ed.), Lenses: Applying lifespan development theories in counseling (7-51). Boston: Lahaska/Houhton Mifflin.
- Geroski, A. (2007) The Shudder. A Crack in the Rock. VRRP Volunteer Newsletter 3(10), 2.
- Geroski, A. (Fall/Winter 2003). Reflections on my work across cultures.... NARACES News, 23 (1). 14-17.
- Geroski A. (2002). On giving up resisting...learning to blend home and work. In J.A. Kottler (Ed.) Counselors finding their way. Alexandria VA: American Counseling Association.
- Geroski, A. (2010, February). Groups with Class. The Basics of Planning and Facilitating Counseling and Classroom Groups in Schools. Presented at meeting of Counseling Services of Addison County, VT.
- Geroski, A. (2008, October). Theory to Practice: Working with Counselors in the Field. Presented at meeting of North Atlantic Regional Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (NARACES), Portland, ME..
- Geroski, A. (2008, May). Considering the Authorship of Stored Identities with 5th Graders. Presented at meeting of Third Annual CESS Scholarship Symposium at University of Vermont, Burlington, VT.
- Geroski, A. (2007, October). Journeying-Sabbaticals away and coming back home. Presented at meeting of Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES), Columbus, OH.
- Geroski, A. (2007, February). Classroom Group Work. Presented at meeting of Johnson State College group counseling class. Greensboro, VT.
- Ed.D. in Counselor Education from University of Maine-Orono
- M.A. in Counseling and Family Studies from University of New Mexico
- B.S. in Special Education from Syracuse University