Related Links - CEMS
Related Links - UVM
Graduates of the Civil Engineering Program are expected to:
- Practice civil engineering, use their program knowledge in other areas, or enter graduate school;
- Apply engineering principles and an understanding of civil engineering issues to analysis, design, construction, management, or preservation of natural and engineered systems;
- Actively participate in professional and/or community-based service (local, national, or global) that benefit the profession and the public;
- Demonstrate leadership, effective communication, and teamwork;
- Demonstrate capacity to obtain professional licensure, and engage in further study and professional development; and
- Consider sustainability (social, economic, and environmental aspects) as part of the engineering solution and problem definition.
At graduation, students in the Civil Engineering Program will have attained minimum levels of accomplishment in the following program outcomes. These encompass ABET's Criterion 3.
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to civil engineering problems;
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- an ability to design a civil system, component, or process to meet desired needs;
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams;
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems;
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility of civil engineers;
- an ability to communicate effectively to technical and nontechnical audiences;
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context;
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning;
- a knowledge of contemporary issues; and
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice.
Undergraduate Enrollment Data for Past Three Years
Total Number of FT and PT students: 156 (2014-15), 135 (2013-14), 141 (2012-13)
Number of BS Degree Graduates: TBD (2014-15), 30 (2013-14), 46 (2012-13)