Minor in Math
Why Minor in Math?
- Extend your expertise
- Prospective employers favor mathematically trained people.
- Competence in mathematics will be useful on the job.
- To employers, math skills imply technical skills.
- A Math minor on a resumé gives you a competitive edge in
getting a job.
- Math is fun and intellectually stimulating!
Requirements for the Mathematics Minor
- Math 21
- Math 22
- Math 52 or Math 121
- 9 additional credits in MATH courses numbered 100 or above. If you take both Math 52 and Math 121, then 121 counts toward the nine credits.
To declare a Math Minor, log onto
myUVM. You should also
contact us to be assigned an advisor for the minor.