BS, Major in CSIS
Go to Catalogue Year:
On This Page:
Course Sequence |
For the Bachelor of Science, Major in Computer Science and Information Systems (BS[CSIS]), the requirements for Catalogue 2009-10 are a minimum of 120 credits as follows:
Grade Policy for BS(CSIS)
- Computer Science (38 credits): 14; one introductory programming course chosen
from 16, 21, or equivalent; with core: 64, 110, 121, 124, 148, 292;
plus 15 additional credits including 3 credits at the 100-level or above
(CS 123 is recommended for students who wish to pursue graduate study in computer science)
and 9 credits at the 200-level.
[The remaining 3 credits of the 18 additional credits
may be at the 0XX level or above. Students with no programming
experience may want to take a 3-credit course at the 0XX level with a
programming component prior to CS 16 or 21.]
- Business Administration (27 credits): 60, 61, 120,
132, 141, 143, 150, 173, 180;
- Economics (6 credits): 11, 12 ;
- Mathematics (6-8 credits): 19+20 or 21+22 (recommended) ;
- Statistics (3 credits): Stat 141
- Natural Science (8-10 credits): 1 laboratory science sequence,
elected from the following 3 sequences:
- BIOL 1 (or BCOR 11), BIOL 2 (or BCOR 12);
- CHEM 31 (or 35), 32 (or 36)
- PHYS 31 or 51, 125 or 152
- Writing (3 credits): English 1, 50, or 53
- Fine Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (18 credits):
Eighteen additional credits chosen from courses in ALANA Studies, Anthropology,
Area and International Studies, Art History, Art Studio, Classics,
Communication Sciences, Dance, Economics, English, Film and Television Studies,
Foreign Language, Geography, History, Holocaust Studies, Linguistics, Music,
Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Sociology,
Theatre, Women's and Gender Studies, and World Literature.
- [See UVM diversity requirement: General Requirements. Credits used to fulfill the UVM diversity
requirement can also satisfy other distribution requirements.]
- Free Electives (5 credits no PEAC) to reach the minimum of 120 credits.
No more than three grades of D+, D, or D- in CS courses numbered 123 and higher and in BSAD courses numbered 100 and higher.
Requirements are defined by the official UVM Catalogue (not by this website).
Disclaimer: This information should reflect official Catalogue requirements and is subject to correction.
Return to Top
Some core courses are offered only once a year.
64, 121, 201, 243, 292, (check STAT 141)
Spring: CS 123, 124, 222, 224
Sample Course Sequence.pdf
Sample Course Sequence Starting with CS 16 or 21.pdf
Return to Top