CS Department Honors 2008-09
The Department of Computer Science (CS) recognizes students with outstanding academic records and leadership qualities. The CS Faculty selects students from several categories and honors them with certificates and other tokens.
This year presentations were made in classes and gatherings with peers and faculty, except for the Senior Award which is presented at CEMS graduation.
- Matthew Joseph Ferrante was chosen to receive the Sophomore Award in recognition of academic performance, level of interest, commitment to the computing profession, and overall character
- Michael T. Torchio was chosen to receive the Junior Award for excellence in performance and greatest promise of success.
- Robert Rohr was chosen to receive the Senior Award for excellence of judgment and understanding of the principles of computer science.
- Joshua Levi Payne was chosen to receive the Graduate Award for outstanding performance and greatest promise of success.
Association of Computing Machinery Faculty Award
- Gary Johnson was chosen to receive the Association of Computing Machinery Faculty Award for great professional interest, immense spirit and outstanding leadership