CEMS Career Readiness Program
The mission of the CEMS Career Readiness Program is to provide opportunities that prepare students for active, productive, and successful postgraduate careers.
- Assist students in securing practical, high-quality internships, co-ops, and jobs related to their major and career goals
- Provide high quality, effective professional development opportunities to enhance postgraduate success
- Foster partnerships with local companies to enhance student opportunities and ensure the development of qualified entry-level candidates
- Provide career exploration opportunities
- Improve student job competitiveness
- Improve student retention and recruitment
The CEMS Career Planning Program is comprised of:
- CEMS Summer Internship Program
Companies who join the program create or reserve a summer internship position specifically for a UVM CEMS student. Students can apply to up to two internships in the program and the entire process from application to completion of the internship is facilitated by CEMS Student Services.
- CEMS Co-op Program
Similar to the Summer Internship Program, this program offers year long Cooperative Education experiences. Students can apply to up to two internships in the program and the entire process from application to completion of the internship is facilitated by CEMS Student Services.
- Internship & Co-op Placement Services
Services to help students prepare for and secure internships and co-ops that are not part of the programs listed above.
- Career & Professional Development Activities
In collaboration with the UVM Career Center, the CEMS Career Planning Program offers several career planning services including cover letter and resume help, interview preparation, job shadowing, career panels, and workshops.
Last modified August 22 2016 02:48 PM