Cathy is the Vice President and CTO for the Distribution Sector of the IBM Sales & Distribution division. Her role is to leverage IBM's technical community to bring value to clients in the retail, consumer packaged goods and travel and transportation industries. In her role she works with the IBM research team to define and get leading technologies and solutions into the market quickly. Cathy works with the client facing technical teams around the world ensuring our clients get the technical support and innovation needed to help them achieve their business objectives. Cathy is also an executive member for the Women in Technology for the corporation.
Cathy began her career with IBM in 1978. She has held various technical and leadership positions including: Vice President, Industry solutions and emerging technology for Research, Vice President B2B, operations and IT executive advocate, IBM CIO's office and CIO IBM Research division. Throughout her career, she successfully managed innovation and transformation projects.
Cathy holds a BS in Mathematics/Computer Science from SUNY Binghamton and an MBA in Finance from Iona College.
In addition to her IBM responsibilities, Cathy's activities have included:
- Ten years on the Board of Education, Brookfield, CT School District
- Board Member, Brookfield Library
- Board Member, Hearts Around the World
- National Academy of Engineering committee on diversity in the technical work force
- University of Vermont, Advisory Board on the College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
- Arizona State University, Industry Advisory Council, School of Computing and Informatics
- Justice of the Peace, State of Connecticut
Business Affiliation: IBM