James L. SullivanM.S., The University of Vermont
Office: 108 Farrell
Office hours: Fridays 12:00 - 2:30
Title: Research Staff & Lecturer
Area(s) of Expertise:
Travel demand modeling
Travel data collection
Network modeling and optimization
- Sullivan, James L., Jeffrey J. LaMondia, Chester Harvey, Carter Garrison, and Lisa Aultman-Hall, 2016. Analysis of the Long-Distance and Overnight Travel Tour Planning Process. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board Jan 2016, Vol. 2594, pp. 1-10.
- Sullivan, J.L., J. Dowds, D.C. Novak, and D.M. Scott, 2015. Strategic Location of Satellite Salt Facilities for Roadway Snow and Ice Control. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. Vol. 2482 (2015), pp. 32-40.
- Novak, D.C. and James L. Sullivan, 2014. A Link-Focused Methodology for Evaluating Accessibility to Emergency Services. Decision Support Systems, Volume 57 (January 2014): 309-319.
- Dowds, Jonathan, James Sullivan, and Lisa Aultman-Hall, 2013. Comparisons of Discretionary Passenger Vehicle Idling Behavior by Season and Trip Stage with Global Positioning System and Onboard Diagnostic Devices. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Volume 2341 (November 2013): 76-82.
- Novak, David C., James L. Sullivan, and Darren M. Scott, 2012. A Network-Based Approach for Evaluating and Ranking Transportation Roadway Projects. Applied Geography, Volume 34 (May 2012): 498–506.
- Sullivan, James L., David C. Novak, Lisa Aultman-Hall and Darren Scott, 2010. Identifying Critical Road Segments and Measuring System-Wide Robustness in Transportation Networks with Isolating Links: A Link-Based Capacity-Reduction Approach. Transportation Research Part A, Volume 44 (2010): 323–336.
- Sullivan, James L., David C. Novak, Lisa Aultman-Hall and Darren Scott, 2009. A review of current practice in network disruption analysis and an assessment of the ability to account for isolating links in transportation networks. Transportation Letters: The International Journal of Transportation Research, Volume 1 (2009): 271-280.