Eric HernandezPh.D., Northeastern University
Office hours: Mon & Wed 10:00 - 11:30 AM
Title: Assistant Professor
Area(s) of Expertise:
structural engineering, stochastic dynamical systems, inverse problems, signal processing, Bayesian estimation, structural health monitoring, reliability of engineering systems, risk analysis.
- Erazo, K. and Hernandez, E.M. (2015) "Uncertainty quantification of state estimation in nonlinear structural systems with application to seismic response in buildings" ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems Part A: Civil Engineering.
- Hernandez, E.M. and Polanco, N.R. (2015) “A lower bound for the variance of frequency and damping ratio identified from noisy vibration measurements” Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring. DOI: 10.1002/stc.1757
- Hernandez, E.M. (2015) “Identification of localized structural damage from highly incomplete modal information: theory and experiments” ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)EM.1943-7889.0000983
- Hernandez, E.M. (2014) “Identification of Isolated Structural Damage from Incomplete Spectrum Information Using l1-norm Minimization”.Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 46(1): 59-69
- Erazo, K. and Hernandez, E.M. (2014) “Tracking Stress Response in Structures Using Acceleration Measurements: Experimental Validation”. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 43(1–2): 41-152
- E.M. Hernandez, D. Bernal and L. Caracoglia (2013) On-line monitoring of wind-induced stresses and fatigue damage in instrumented structures. Volume 20, Issue 10, pages 1291–1302
- Hernandez, E. and Bernal, D. (2013) “Iterative Finite Element Model Updating in the Time Domain” Journal of Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing. Volume 34, Issues 1–2, Pages 39–46
- Hernandez, E. and May, G. (2013) “The Dissipated Energy Ratio as Tool for Earthquake Induced Damage Detection and Classification of Instrumented Structures”, ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics. Volume 139, pages 1521-1529
- Hernandez, E. M., (2013) "Optimal Model Based State Estimation in Mechanical and Structural Systems" Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring. Volume 20, Issue 4, pages 532–543
- Hernandez, E. M. (2011) “A Natural Observer for Optimal State Estimation in Second Order Linear Structural Systems”, Journal of Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 25, Issue 8, p. 2938-2947. 2011
- Hernandez, E. M. and Bernal, D. (2008) “State Estimation in Structural Systems with Uncertain Stiffness and Damping Matrices,” ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 134, No. 3.
- Bernal, D. and Hernandez, E. (2006) “A Data Driven Methodology for Assessing the Impact of Earthquakes on the Health of Building Structural Systems,” The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, Vol. 15, No. 1.