Jeffrey MarshallPh.D., University of California, Berkeley
Office hours: MWF 4:30-5:30
Area(s) of Expertise:
Vortex-structure interaction, vortex turbulence, two-phase turbulent flows, particle adhesion, biofluid flows, wind energy, algae biofuels, Lagrangian and multiscale computational methods, thin-film flows
- Marshall, J.S. and Renjitham, S., “Simulation of particulate fouling at a microchannel entrance region,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics (in press, 2014).
- Marshall, J.S. and Furhmann, A., "Effect of rainfall transients on thermal and moisture exposure of underground electric cables," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 80, pp. 660-672 (2015).
- Marshall, J.S., “Capillary torque on a rolling particle in the presence of a liquid film at small capillary numbers,” Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 108, pp. 87-93 (2014).
- Myers, O., Wu, J., Marshall, J.S., and Danforth, C.M., “Computational studies of multiple-particle nonlinear dynamics in a spatio-temporally periodic potential,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 115, 244908 (2014).
- Ghazi, C.J. and Marshall, J.S., “A CO2 tracer-gas method for local air leakage detection and characterization,” Flow Measurement and Instrumentation , Vol. 28, pp. 72-81 (2014).
- Faletra, M., Palmer, N. and Marshall, J.S., “Effectiveness of opinion influence approaches in highly clustered online social networks,” Advances in Complex Systems, Vol. 17, No. 2, 1450008 (2014).
- Sala, K. and Marshall, J.S., “Stochastic vortex structure method for modeling particle clustering and collisions in homogeneous turbulence,” Physics of Fluids, Vol. 25, No. 10, 103301 (2013).
- Myers O., Wu, J.R., and Marshall, J.S., “Nonlinear dynamics of particles excited by an electric curtain,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 114, 154907 (2013).
- Marshall, J.S. and Sala, K., “Comparison of methods for computing the concentration field of a particulate flow,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, Vol. 56, pp. 4-14 (2013).
- Chesnutt, J.K.R. and Marshall, J.S., “Simulation of particle separation on an inclined electric curtain,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 1104-1112 (2013).
- Furhmann, A., Marshall, J.S. and Wu, J.-R., “Effect of acoustic levitation force on aerodynamic particle removal from a surface,” Applied Acoustics, Vol. 74, pp. 535-543 (2013).
- Marshall, J.S., Hines, P.D., Zhang, J.D., Minervini, F., and Renjitham, S., “Modeling the impact of electric vehicle charging on transient heat transfer around underground cables,” Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 97, pp. 76-83 (2013).
- Renjitham, S. and Marshall, J.S., “Integral vorticity transport method on an overset grid,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol. 69, pp. 567-589 (2012).
- Qian, D., Marshall, J.S. and Frolik, J., “Control analysis for solar panel dust mitigation using an electric curtain,” Renewable Energy, Vol. 41, pp. 134-144 (2012).
- Maynard, A.B. and Marshall, J.S., “Force on a small particle attached to a plane wall in a Hiemenz straining flow,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 134, 114502 (2012).
- Candon, S. and Marshall, J.S., “Vortex ring deformation, capture and entrainment by a columnar vortex,” Physics of Fluids, Vol. 24, No. 9, 093604 (2012).
- Yang, M., Li, S.Q., Liu, G., and Marshall, J.S., “Investigation of dynamic behavior of a particle-loaded single fiber using discrete element methods,” In: Discrete Element Modelling of Particulate Media. C.Y. Wu (ed.), RSC Publishing, pp. 103-112 (2012).
- Marshall, J.S., Chesnutt, J.K.W. and Udaykumar, H.S., “Mesoscale analysis of blood flow,” In Image-based Computational Modeling in the Human Circulatory and Pulmonary Systems, K.B. Chandran, H.S. Udaykumar, J.Reinhardt editors, Springer-Verlag Publications, Chapter 6, pp. 235-266 (2011).
- Li, S.-Q., Marshall, J.S., Liu, G. and Yao, Q., “Adhesive particulate flow: the discrete element method and its application in energy and environmental engineering,” Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, Vol. 37, No. 6, 633-668 (2011).
- Marshall, J.S., “Viscous damping force during head-on collision of two spherical particles,” Physics of Fluids, Vol. 23, No. 1, 013305 (2011).
- Marshall, J.S. and Sala, K., “A stochastic Lagrangian approach for simulating the effect of turbulent mixing on algae growth rate in photobioreactors,” Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 66, pp. 384-392 (2011).
- Eppstein, M.J., Grover, D.K., Marshall, J.S. and Rizzo, D.M., “An agent-based model to study market penetration of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles,” Energy Policy, Vol. 39, pp. 3789-3802 (2011).
- Huang, Y. and Marshall, J.S., “Experiments on bounded vortex flows and related particle transport,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 133, No. 7, 071204 (2011).
- Maynard, A.B. and Marshall, J.S., “Particle removal from a surface by a bounded vortex flow,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, Vol. 32, 901-914 (2011).
- Schade, P. and Marshall, J.S., “Capillary effects on a particle rolling on a plane surface in the presence of a thin liquid film,” Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 1645-1655 (2011).
- Marshall, J.S., Inviscid Incompressible Flow, John Wiley & Sons, New York (2001).
- Marshall, J.S. and Li, S., Adhesive Particle Flow: A Discrete Element Approach, Cambridge University Press (2014).