Jeffrey MarshallPh.D., University of California, Berkeley
Office hours: TR 10-11AM
Area(s) of Expertise:
Vortex-structure interaction, vortex turbulence, two-phase turbulent flows, particle adhesion, biofluid flows, wind energy, algae biofuels, Lagrangian and multiscale computational methods, thin-film flows
RECENT JOURNAL PAPERS
- Faletra, M., Marshall, J.S., Yang, M., and Li, S., “Particle segregation in falling polydisperse suspension droplets,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 769, 79-102 (2015).
- Marshall, J.S. and Renjitham, S., “Simulation of particulate fouling at a microchannel entrance region,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 253-265 (2015).
- Ghazi, C.J. and Marshall, J.S., “Influence of the entrance region on particle capture during transport through a crack,” Aerosol Science and Technology, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 134-143 (2015).
- Marshall, J.S. and Furhmann, A., "Effect of rainfall transients on thermal and moisture exposure of underground electric cables," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 80, pp. 660-672 (2015).
- Green, A.M. and Marshall, J.S., “Structure and dynamics of bounded vortex flows with different nozzle impingement heights,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 137, 101202 (2015).
- Ma, D., Green, A.M., Willsey, G.G., Marshall, J.S., Wargo, M.J., Wu, J., “Effects of acoustic streaming from moderate-intensity pulsed ultrasound for enhancing biofilm mitigation effectiveness of drug-loaded liposomes,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 138, No. 2, pp. 1043-1051 (2015).
- Yang, M., Li, S., and Marshall, J.S., “Effects of long range particle-particle hydrodynamic interaction on the cloud settling of aerosol particles,” Journal of Aerosol Science, Vol. 90, pp. 154-160 (2015).
- Saunders, D.C., and Marshall, J.S., “Vorticity reconnection during vortex cutting by a blade,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 782, pp. 37-62 (2015).
- Marshall, J.S. and Wu, J.R., “Acoustic streaming, fluid mixing, and particle transport by a Gaussian ultrasound beam in a cylindrical container,” Physics of Fluids, Vol. 27, 103601 (2015).
- Marshall, J.S., “Capillary torque on a rolling particle in the presence of a liquid film at small capillary numbers,” Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 108, pp. 87-93 (2014).
- Myers, O., Wu, J., Marshall, J.S., and Danforth, C.M., “Computational studies of multiple-particle nonlinear dynamics in a spatio-temporally periodic potential,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 115, 244908 (2014).
- Ghazi, C.J. and Marshall, J.S., “A CO2 tracer-gas method for local air leakage detection and characterization,” Flow Measurement and Instrumentation , Vol. 28, pp. 72-81 (2014).
- Faletra, M., Palmer, N. and Marshall, J.S., “Effectiveness of opinion influence approaches in highly clustered online social networks,” Advances in Complex Systems, Vol. 17, No. 2, 1450008 (2014).
- Sala, K. and Marshall, J.S., “Stochastic vortex structure method for modeling particle clustering and collisions in homogeneous turbulence,” Physics of Fluids, Vol. 25, No. 10, 103301 (2013).
- Myers O., Wu, J.R., and Marshall, J.S., “Nonlinear dynamics of particles excited by an electric curtain,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 114, 154907 (2013).
- Marshall, J.S. and Sala, K., “Comparison of methods for computing the concentration field of a particulate flow,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, Vol. 56, pp. 4-14 (2013).
- Chesnutt, J.K.R. and Marshall, J.S., “Simulation of particle separation on an inclined electric curtain,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 1104-1112 (2013).
- Furhmann, A., Marshall, J.S. and Wu, J.-R., “Effect of acoustic levitation force on aerodynamic particle removal from a surface,” Applied Acoustics, Vol. 74, pp. 535-543 (2013).
- Marshall, J.S., Hines, P.D., Zhang, J.D., Minervini, F., and Renjitham, S., “Modeling the impact of electric vehicle charging on transient heat transfer around underground cables,” Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 97, pp. 76-83 (2013).
- Renjitham, S. and Marshall, J.S., “Integral vorticity transport method on an overset grid,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol. 69, pp. 567-589 (2012).
- Qian, D., Marshall, J.S. and Frolik, J., “Control analysis for solar panel dust mitigation using an electric curtain,” Renewable Energy, Vol. 41, pp. 134-144 (2012).
- Maynard, A.B. and Marshall, J.S., “Force on a small particle attached to a plane wall in a Hiemenz straining flow,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 134, 114502 (2012).
- Candon, S. and Marshall, J.S., “Vortex ring deformation, capture and entrainment by a columnar vortex,” Physics of Fluids, Vol. 24, No. 9, 093604 (2012).
- Yang, M., Li, S.Q., Liu, G., and Marshall, J.S., “Investigation of dynamic behavior of a particle-loaded single fiber using discrete element methods,” In: Discrete Element Modelling of Particulate Media. C.Y. Wu (ed.), RSC Publishing, pp. 103-112 (2012).
- Marshall, J.S., Inviscid Incompressible Flow, John Wiley & Sons, New York (2001).
- Marshall, J.S. and Li, S., Adhesive Particle Flow: A Discrete Element Approach, Cambridge University Press (2014).