Vermont Part C Early Intervention Program Affiliation
- Addressing needs of the family is best way to address needs of individual children & improve outcomes for children
- Family-centered intervention is most beneficial when provided as early as possible & at the appropriate level of intensity based on need
- Families are active partners in planning outcomes and services they or their children need and want
- Individualized, holistic, thoughtful intervention services address the child's strengths and needs within the context of the family's concerns & priorities & in "natural environments"
- Smooth and seamless transitions to Essential Early Education & other early childhood & family support services are essential for improving developmental outcomes
- Collaboration among agencies strengthens statewide implementation
Last modified February 06 2008 01:10 PM