CDCI to Host FASD Webinar
Preventing Alcohol Use During Pregnancy
- By Michaella Maley Collins
The Center on Disability and Community Inclusion (CDCI) will be broadcasting a webinar on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) on September 9th, 2:00 - 3:30 pm, in the Mann Hall Auditorium, 208 Colchester Avenue, Trinity College Campus at UVM.
The SAMHSA FASD Center for Excellence is hosting the webinar, entitled Preventing Alcohol Use during Pregnancy—Applying New Solutions to Ongoing Needs.
Presenters will include:
- Dr. Susan Astley, will serve as the webinar facilitator and offer background information on FASD and its 40-year evolution.
- Dr. Margaret Ellen Mattson, will provide information related to women drinking during pregnancy gathered from the SAMHSA’s National Survey on Drug Use an Health
- James Reinbold, will provide information regarding Screening and Brief Intervention data.
- A panel consisting of Paulette Romashko, Helen Weinstein, Laura Nagle, and James Reinbold, will present on strategies to prevent alcohol consumption during pregnancy in public health and community settings.
For more information or to RSVP to this event at CDCI please contact: Brendan Donaghey at firstname.lastname@example.org