This strand is designed for school teams who have been trained and are implementing Tier II Targeted PBS.
Howard Muscott and Eric Mann
Teams will have the opportunity to reflect upon and formally assess their current PBS targeted systems, practices, and use of data while developing action plans to enhance PBS efforts. Outcomes for the 4-morning series will include the learning of new Tier II ideas and strategies while planning for improved implementation of previously trained features.
The following topics will be covered:
• The role of the Tier II team in addressing students in need of Tier II supports including membership, processes and data management;
• Assessing Tier II implementation;
• Early identification strategies to determine students in need of Tier II supports including teacher nomination, behavioral indicators, and systematic screening;
• Team-based strategies for blending academic, social, emotional and behavioral data to determine risk and activate early interventions;
• Implementation and progress monitoring of an efficient, initial evidenced-based initial Tier 2 intervention: Teacher Check, Connect and Expect;
• Implementation of simple behavior plans;
• Implementation and progress monitoring of group interventions; and
The role of function-based perspective in designing interventions
The Check, Connect, and Expect Program: A Targeted, Tier 2 Intervention in the Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support Model (pdf)
Howard Muscott & Eric Mann
Howard Muscott and Eric Mann of the New Hampshire Center for Effective Behavioral Interventions and Supports at SERESC (NH CEBIS) have been training and supporting PBS implementation in New Hampshire schools since 2002. They will share their lessons learned and the challenges and successes of building effective and efficient Tier II systems.