BEST: Building Effective Support For Teaching Students With Behavioral Challenges
BEST/MTSS Summer Institute 2016
VTPBiS Targeted Training
VTPBiS State Trainers
For Eligible VTPBiS School Leadership Teams
PBIS School Teams must achieve a score of 80/80 on their post-implementation SET or 70% on the most recent Benchmarks of Quality (completed within five months)
PBIS Targeted Level Coordinators must participate in a brief orientation webinar on April 28, 2015. Visit http://uvmcdci.adobeconnect.com/e3fra2nsqjp/event/registration.html for more information.
School leadership teams that have implemented School-wide PBIS with fidelity are eligible to attend this strand that will provide the content and facilitation needed to help school teams to prepare for implementation at the targeted level within a Multi-Tiered System of Supports. School Leadership Teams will:
• Increase knowledge and fluency about the targeted level of VTPBiS;
• Finalize systems needed at the targeted level;
• Complete an inventory of the formal and informal targeted supports currently available, identify gaps and prioritize practices for implementation;
• Learn about Check-In, Check-Out and Teacher Check, Connect and Expect and plan for implementation;
• Develop a foundational understanding of Functional Behavior Analysis and Universal Screening and plan to integrate this into their targeted level of PBIS.
VTPBiS coordinators must participate in a brief orientation webinar prior to participation at the Summer Institute. Visit http://uvmcdci.adobeconnect.com/e3fra2nsqjp/event/registration.html for more information.
Who should attend?
School leadership teams consisting of representative members from the school including a building principal or assistant principal, Supervisory Union/Supervisory District coordinator and school-based PBIS coordinator.
Wondering if this strand is for you? Contact Cassandra Townshend at Cassandra.email@example.com
Materials to be handed out at the Institute (one per team):
Building Positive Behavior Support Systems in Schools: Functional Behavior Assessment - Book by Crone & Horner
Responding to Problem Behavior in Schools: The Behavior Education Program - Book by Crone, Hawken, and Horner
Last modified January 21 2016 11:22 AM