BEST: Building Effective Support For Teaching Students With Behavioral Challenges
BEST/MTSS Summer Institute 2016
VTPBiS Universal Training
VTPBiS State Trainers
For Eligible VTPBiS School Leadership Teams
School teams must have completed the following activities to be eligible to attend this training:
- Completed and submitted the Intent to Implement Application (including Readiness Checklist);
- Viewed First Steps to Implementation Module Series; and
- Completed PBIS Pre-implementation Assessments (SAS & SET).
- PBIS Universal Level Coordinators must participate in a brief orientation webinar. If you did not attend the webinar in January, please register for the April 6th webinar at http://uvmcdci.adobeconnect.com/e6g8i6vgl3c/event/registration.html
School leadership teams that have submitted the Intent to Implement Application and have completed the VTPBiS readiness requirements, including the First Steps Module Series, are eligible to attend this strand at the BEST/MTSS Summer Institute. Teams will be supported with facilitation and content needed to complete their PBIS School-wide Implementation Plan within a Multi-tiered System of Supports (MTSS) framework. Teams will prepare for PBIS roll-out to staff, students and family members. School Leadership Teams will:
- Finalize the school-wide system needed for PBIS implementation;
- Develop 3-5 school-wide behavior expectations;
- Establish a system for acknowledging students at the individual, classroom and school-wide levels;
- Create lessons for teaching school-wide expectations;
- Develop consistent practices and procedures for responding to minor and major behavior problems; and
- Plan a system for collecting and reporting school-wide data for use in decision-making.
Who should attend?
School leadership teams consisting of representative members from the school including a building principal or assistant principal, Supervisory Union/Supervisory District coordinator and school-based PBIS coordinator.
Wondering if this strand is for you? Contact Cassandra Townshend at Cassandra.email@example.com
(1) Sugai, G., Horner, R.H., Algozzine, R., Barrett, S., Lewis, T., Anderson, C., Bradley, R., Choi, J. H., Dunlap, G., Eber, L., George, H., Kincaid, D., McCart, A., Nelson, M., Newcomer, L., Putnam, R., Riffel, L., Rovins, M., Sailor, W., Simonsen, B. (2010). School-wide positive behavior support: Implementers’ blueprint and self-assessment. Eugene, OR: University of Oregon. http://www.pbis.org/pbis_resource_detail_page.aspx?Type=3&PBIS_ResourceID=216
Last modified January 19 2016 04:13 PM