BEST: Building Effective Support For Teaching Students With Behavioral Challenges
BEST/MTSS Summer Institute 2015
VTPBiS Universal Training for School Leadership Teams
VTPBiS State Trainers
For PBIS School Teams only
Pre-requisites: Intent to Implement Application (including Readiness Checklist), View First Steps Module Series, Completion of PBIS Pre-Assessment Data Tools (SAS & SET).
PBIS Universal Level Coordinators must participate in a brief orientation webinar on April 9, 2015. Visit http://uvmcdci.adobeconnect.com/e6vgugldzl5/event/registration.html for more information.
School leadership teams that have submitted the Intent to Implement Application and have completed the VTPBiS readiness requirements, including the First Steps Module Series, are eligible to attend this strand at the BEST/MTSS Summer Institute. Teams will be supported with facilitation and content needed to complete their PBIS School-wide Implementation Plan within a Multi-tiered System of Supports (MTSS) framework. Teams will prepare for PBIS roll-out to staff, students and family members. School Leadership Teams will:
• Finalize the school-wide system needed for PBIS implementation;
• Develop 3-5 school-wide behavior expectations;
• Establish a system for acknowledging students at the individual, classroom and school-wide levels;
• Create lessons for teaching school-wide expectations;
• Develop consistent practices and procedures for responding to minor and major behavior problems; and
• Plan a system for collecting and reporting school-wide data for use in decision-making
(1) Sugai, G., Horner, R.H., Algozzine, R., Barrett, S., Lewis, T., Anderson, C., Bradley, R., Choi, J. H., Dunlap, G., Eber, L., George, H., Kincaid, D., McCart, A., Nelson, M., Newcomer, L., Putnam, R., Riffel, L., Rovins, M., Sailor, W., Simonsen, B. (2010). School-wide positive behavior support: Implementers’ blueprint and self-assessment. Eugene, OR: University of Oregon. http://www.pbis.org/pbis_resource_detail_page.aspx?Type=3&PBIS_ResourceID=216
Last modified March 09 2015 12:26 PM