BEST: Building Effective Support For Teaching Students With Behavioral Challenges
BEST/MTSS Summer Institute 2016 What's New?
- Institute Registration: Early institute registration will be available on Sunday evening, 7 to 8:30pm and Monday morning, 7 to 8am.
- Getting Around: A few strands and several Wednesday morning workshops will take place at the Snowshed Lodge, a short walk from the Killington Grand Hotel. If you have any concerns about getting to the Snowshed, please contact Anne Dubie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meals at the Institute: We’ve planned four days of healthy and tasty regular or custom meals! Participants will receive meal tickets as indicated on the individual registration forms. Please note: switching meal tickets during the Institute is not an option. Contact Anne Dubie immediately at email@example.com if you will need a different meal ticket.
- School Team Planning: All school teams are expected to complete the Institute Strategy Form online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BBYPJN2 by the end of the Institute. Please note: School teams attending PBIS strands may submit their implementation plans or staff handbooks on site or send to Anne Dubie at anne.dubie.@uvm.edu.
- For up-to-date information on Institute activities: To get Institute updates, follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1706282779583906/. Alternatively, visit “What’s New” at http://www.uvm.edu/~cdci/best/?Page=new.html
- Lodging alert! Check-in time at the Killington Grand Hotel is 4:00 p.m. on Sunday and check-out time is 11:00 a.m. on Thursday. At check-in, you will be required to provide a credit card deposit for each room in your party. If you still need to make a reservation that will be paid by your school, you will be asked to provide your school’s tax exempt number. If you have questions about your reservation contact the Killington Grand Hotel at 1-800-282-9955.
- Wondering what to bring? Visit the Summer Institute Camp List at http://www.uvm.edu/~cdci/best/?Page=camplist.html
- Schedule at a Glance: http://www.uvm.edu/cdci/best/2016BSISchedule.docx
- The Institute will be at full capacity! We are expecting approximately 400 participants from 67 schools! All meals provided are for Institute staff and participants only. Guests will not be allowed to attend meals or other activities held in the ballroom as every seat will be occupied!!!
- Last minute questions? Contact Anne Dubie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Meet, Greet & Eat!: 5:00 - 6:30, Lower Lobby or Poolside (weather permitting)
Tuesday – Trivia Night: 7:00 – 10:00, Preston’s Restaurant (Ground floor of main hotel)
Wednesday – Live Music: 7:30 – 10:30, Oscar Wilde Ballroom or Poolside (weather permitting)
Tuesday & Wednesday - Stretch and Conditioning Classes:
We invite people of all ages, abilities, genders, backgrounds and beliefs to enjoy our classes in body conditioning using the core principles of Pilates. Instructor Shannon Hepburn provides a professional, caring environment in which to improve and maintain your health and well being while attending the BEST/MTSS Summer Institute.
Class Times and Locations:
Tuesday, 6:30 a.m – 7:30 a.m Snowshed Ballroom
Tuesday, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Snowshed Ballroom
Wednesday, 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. Snowshed Ballroom
Please arrive 5 minutes early to complete a liability waiver
What to bring?
Comfortable clothing (no sneakers needed!)
Please bring a yoga mat
About the Instructor: Shannon Hepburn is a Stott Pilates Certified Instructor with over 25 years of movement experience. She completed her training at Stott's New York Corporate Training Center in 2008. Her love of movement began as a child when she worked with Friends Mime Theatre in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In college, majoring in Theatre Arts her knowledge of movement deepened as she studied the Laban Technique, Feldenkrais, Contact Improvisation, Decroux, and LeCoq. For numerous years she has taught various movement modalities in the classroom with people ranging in age from 5 to 85. Shannon equally enjoys teaching group mat classes and working with clients individually. Her teaching style is infused with safe movement practices, attention to detail, and a sense of humor.
This page will be updated until the Summer Institute begins. For real time updates, visit our facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1706282779583906/
Last modified June 07 2016 03:31 PM