Community Development and Applied Economics
Local Projects in Vermont
Through our many Service Learning opportunities, students enrolled in CDAE classes make a difference, doing real work in the Vermont community.
By partnering with community groups, businesses, nonpforits and other organizations throughout Vermont, many CDAE courses conduct research and projects that can be used for policy changes, community designs, new technologies, and more.
Project Areas for CDAE's Service Learning Classes in Vermont
- Mobile home recycling programs
- Creating a sustainable future for Vermont's Mad River Valley Communities. View photos >>
- Working with the Burlington Railyard to create a more community-friendly location
- Working with state and U.S. politicians and staff to create policy for Vermont's Natural Resources and Common Assets
- Event planning for Burlington's annual Winter Festival. Visit the website created and managed by the class >>
- Renewable energy projects