Center for Cultural Pluralism
...please be patient as we are updating our website...
Celebrating A Decade of Accomplishments Through Collaboration and Partnership 1999-2009
Mission and Philosophy
The Center for Cultural Pluralism (CCP) is dedicated to helping UVM achieve its core mission to provide quality multicultural education in order to equip faculty, staff and students with the competencies necessary to function in a diverse world. The Center focuses on the intersections of issues of culture and social justice.
The Center offers a unique “Cultural Hub” where individuals and organizations working on behalf of cultural diversity and social justice issues can focus on collaboration and coalition efforts. The Center offers advising, consulting, educational programs and modest grants to further UVM’s strategic objectives linked to cultural diversity and social justice.
CCP faculty and staff provide resources and assistance to the UVM community, Burlington and the state of Vermont on issues of multicultural education, cultural awareness, prejudice reduction, and social justice.
The Center supports and initiates educational and social programs designed to raise awareness, expand understanding and knowledge and develop skills for effective intercultural communication.
The Center for Cultural Pluralism is a highly visible, tangible symbol of UVM’s commitment to equity, social justice, inclusiveness, and critical thinking.
What can the Center for Cultural Pluralism do for you?
- Provide a consulting resource for curriculum transformation and infusion of multicultural issues.
- Offer small grants to develop programs or curriculum focused on cultural pluralism and social justice themes.
- Educational programs and training’s for students, faculty & staff to attend.
- Provide physical space for meetings, workshops and retreats.
- Help to distribute information on social justice and multicultural events.
- Loan library and video materials for viewing or class use on short term basis.
- Take a look at our Information Guide (Word) (PDF)
Last modified February 28 2013 03:00 PM