Last Name First Name MI
UVM ID Number: _______________________________________________
Student or Employee ID number
Initial Deposit (minimum $20):
Cash: Amt: __________
Check: Amt:__________(checks payable to UVM)
Name as it appears on card or check__________________________________
Visa MasterCard Discover Amex
Chrg #: ___________________________________________Expiration Date_____________
Please establish a CAT$cratch Account for me. I have read the information on the back and accept the terms and conditions as set forth.
Office Use Only: CA ___CHG___ CK#_____ Amount: Date: Initials______
UVM CAT$cratch Account
Terms and Conditions
By applying for the debit option of your CATcard, you agree to be bound by the terms of the following agreement. The CAT$cratch Account is a prepaid debit account. Once your application is approved, you may use the CATcard to pay for purchases at participating on and off campus locations, up to the amount of your CAT$cratch Account balance (some applications have daily limits). You can not withdraw cash from your CAT$cratch Account. There is no fee to establish or use the account; the full amount of your deposit will be available on your CAT$cratch Account.
1. This agreement is executed between the
individual named on the front of this page (the participant) and The University
of Vermont and State Agricultural College (UVM). This agreement references a CATcard
CAT$cratch Account (CAT$cratch), which is an option available to UVM students,
faculty, staff and certain UVM affiliates.
This agreement is administered for The University of Vermont and
2. The term of this agreement will be determined
by the participant's University affiliation or status. The term for Students is from the time this agreement and the initial deposit is
received by the
3. A CAT$cratch Account will not be activated
until payment (cash, check, or major credit card #) is received, along with a
signed application form, by the
4. The CAT$cratch Account is automatically
closed at the end of this agreement. The
5. To minimize potential loss to the participant, unattended locations/applications such as vending and photocopiers will carry a daily spending limit.
6. The participant's CATcard will be the access device for the CAT$cratch Account. The card must be presented at the time of purchase and shall be the only means of accessing the participant's account.
7. This account is non‑transferable. The cardholder may be charged a fee and their card may be confiscated by authorized University or Dining Services staff if the card has been loaned to another individual. Additional ID may be required to ensure that only the participant uses the account. The participant may be required to sign a receipt for goods.
8. Information regarding the participant's account or transactions may be disclosed to third parties when necessary to complete transactions, when the condition or existence of an account must be verified, to comply with government agency or court orders, or with the participant's written permission.
9. The University of
10. Should the participant's identification
number change after execution of this agreement, he/she must notify the
11. Lost or stolen CATcards must be reported
immediately to the CATcard Office (656-4509).
For your convenience our webcard center is available 24 hours a day to
flag your card lost or found, just log on to webcard.uvm.edu. If the
participant does not inform the CATcard Service Center about a lost or stolen
card, the CATcard Service Center and The University of Vermont are not
responsible for any charges made to the CAT$cratch Account. If the participant informs the CATcard
Service Center within two (2) business days of the loss that their card is lost
or stolen, the participant is liable for up to $50 in charges to the card if
the card was used without permission. If
the participant informs the
12. Log on to webcard.uvm.edu to view your current balance and transactions. If the transaction statement shows
transactions that were not made by the participant, the participant must inform
the CATcard Service Center immediately.
The error will be investigated and the participant will be notified of
the determination within twenty (20) business days. If the
Ask about our new off-campus locations accepting CAT$cratch
Last modified April 18 2011 11:11 AM