Posts Tagged On Campus Recruiting
Posted on March 30, 2011 with No Comments
Thank you for helping make our Spring Job Fair a great success! Employers were impressed with the level of professional dress and discourse.
If you missed it, check out all the employers that were just here hoping to connect with UVM students and grads.
Assess how the fair went for you and which businesses you want to follow up with.
Follow up with recruiters! Check out these tips for professional e-mails.
Prepare yourself for interview success!
Didn’t see what you were looking for?
Check out Catamount Job Link
Explore Resources for Specific Job Fields
Network your way to a great opportunity! Check out our other blog posts on Networking.
Stop by during Career Services Drop In Hours to speak with a Career Counselor: Mon-Thurs: 1-4pm, L/L E140
Tags: advice, career path, Catamount Job Link, Employers, etiquette, events, how to, Job Fair, job search, Networking, On Campus Recruiting, your first job
Category: Event, Job Searching, Networking
Posted on January 24, 2011 with No Comments
Welcome back to campus!
We hope you had a restful semester break. Here at Career Services, we’re looking forward to a busy semester of career development–events, on-campus recruiting, and our ongoing career counseling. Here are a few dates to keep in mind:
- Wilderness Ventures is looking for Trip Leaders to work with students ages 12-20 on trips in the U.S. and worldwide. They will be on campus interviewing on February 8th, see position descriptions on Catamount Job Link.
- DraftFCB Chicago, a marketing and communications firm, will be conducting on-campus interviews via skype on February 10th for Assistant Media Planners, Assistant Account Executives, and Interns. Applications are due via Catamount Job Link on January 25th.
- University Directories is looking for paid interns for its sales and marketing program, and will be on campus on February 11th. Apply via Catamount Job Link.
- GE’s Financial Management Program is seeking Interns to work nationwide. Applications are due on February 7th, with interviews to take place on February 11th. For application instructions, search for position #2268 on Catamount Job Link.
- Senior Speed Career Workshop: February 8th, 5pm, Davis Center Sugar Maple Ballroom. Going to graduate? Don’t leave college without learning a few fundamentals about the job search. This event is specifically for seniors and includes three 20-minute rotations through introductory career workshops covering topics on: resumes and cover letters, interview preparation, and networking during the job search. It’s a fun, interactive way of learning how you can prepare for your job search. This event is co-sponsored by the Senior Class Council and Career Services.
- Vermont Alumni Networking Event: March 22nd, 6pm, Davis Center Grand Maple Ballroom. Connect with UVM alumni in Vermont representing a variety of career fields. Attend a resume workshop, gather advice from an alumni panel and connect one-on-one with professionals in your field of interest.
- Spring Job Fair: March 23rd, 2-5pm, Davis Center 4th Floor. Join us for the Spring Job Fair!
- Resume Jumpstart: Monday, 4:15pm, L/L E
- Market Yourself to Get Hired: Tuesday, 4:15 pm, L/L E
- Drop-in Career Counseling: Monday-Thursday, 1-4pm during the semester
Have a great semester, and we hope to see you soon!
Posted on December 20, 2010 with No Comments
Have you logged in to Catamount Job Link yet? Catamount Job Link is UVM’s complete recruiting system for internships, full-time, part-time, and summer jobs. Here are a few ways to get the most out of Catamount Job Link:
- Login and update your profile. Note that current students log in using their netID and password from this page. Alumni can request accounts by clicking on the Alumni button on that page. Keeping your profile updated with your contact information and career interests will help keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that fit your interests.
- Search for jobs and internships. If you have a specific position in mind (for example from our weekly email or the Career Services homepage’s New on Catamount Job Link), you can search by posting ID number–just type it in the search box on the top right of your CJL homepage after logging in. You can also search by choosing “Catamount Jobs” under the “Job Postings” option at the top of the screen.
- Learn about Employers by clicking on “Employers” at the top of the screen. You can search employer profiles to see company websites, descriptions, and contact information for when you’re ready to start networking.
- Set up automated email alerts to let you know when a job you might be interested in is posted. Check out our step-by-step instructions on how to set up these alerts.
- Upload your resume so you’ll be ready to apply for positions. To upload your resume click on “Documents” and then the “Add New” button. If you are looking to create a resume, use the Resume Builder to help you create a draft.
- Keep an eye out for upcoming events and on-campus recruiting visits including information sessions and on-campus interviewing. You can apply for positions and schedule interviews right in Catamount Job Link!
- Connect to Facebook for event reminders, interview sign-ups, and job alerts. Click on “Connect to Facebook” on the top right when you first log in to CJL.
How are you using Catamount Job Link?
Posted on September 24, 2010 with No Comments
Employers visit UVM every semester looking to hire for entry level positions. It is a great way to get some face time with a hiring manager and potentially get your foot in the door at a great organization.
Here are the steps to take:
- Check out who is coming to campus on Catamount Job Link.
- Submit your resume and cover letter.
- Prepare for an interview. You will be notified if you are offered an interview prior to the employers on-campus visit. Research the company, and practice interviewing techniques. Make an appointment with a career counselor for a mock interview.
- Follow up. If you receive an interview, send a thank you email afterwards.
Keep checking our calendar for who’s coming to campus next.
Career Services is here to assist you in the process of successfully meeting employers and interviewing.
Posted on April 5, 2010 with No Comments
Missed the Spring Job Fair? Or just looking for some advice on the job search?
Here’s what employers had to say..
- Don’t be afraid to try something new. Find what you are interested in, even if you may not have experience in it.
- Volunteer or work somewhere related to your field. Don’t wait until you get out of school.
- Test drive an organization or business. Do an internship in what you are passionate about and enjoy!
- Start early. Do research on companies and ask questions!
- Explore many possibilities, weigh your options, don’t be too intimidated by all the job qualifications.
- Enter the job market with an open mind. Be persistent.
- Don’t rely too heavily on your resume. Sell yourself!
- Be yourself, do your best, be honest and show interest.
- Focus on what you want. Have a vision of where you want to be.