Posted on January 24, 2011 with No Comments
Welcome back to campus!
We hope you had a restful semester break. Here at Career Services, we’re looking forward to a busy semester of career development–events, on-campus recruiting, and our ongoing career counseling. Here are a few dates to keep in mind:
- Wilderness Ventures is looking for Trip Leaders to work with students ages 12-20 on trips in the U.S. and worldwide. They will be on campus interviewing on February 8th, see position descriptions on Catamount Job Link.
- DraftFCB Chicago, a marketing and communications firm, will be conducting on-campus interviews via skype on February 10th for Assistant Media Planners, Assistant Account Executives, and Interns. Applications are due via Catamount Job Link on January 25th.
- University Directories is looking for paid interns for its sales and marketing program, and will be on campus on February 11th. Apply via Catamount Job Link.
- GE’s Financial Management Program is seeking Interns to work nationwide. Applications are due on February 7th, with interviews to take place on February 11th. For application instructions, search for position #2268 on Catamount Job Link.
- Senior Speed Career Workshop: February 8th, 5pm, Davis Center Sugar Maple Ballroom. Going to graduate? Don’t leave college without learning a few fundamentals about the job search. This event is specifically for seniors and includes three 20-minute rotations through introductory career workshops covering topics on: resumes and cover letters, interview preparation, and networking during the job search. It’s a fun, interactive way of learning how you can prepare for your job search. This event is co-sponsored by the Senior Class Council and Career Services.
- Vermont Alumni Networking Event: March 22nd, 6pm, Davis Center Grand Maple Ballroom. Connect with UVM alumni in Vermont representing a variety of career fields. Attend a resume workshop, gather advice from an alumni panel and connect one-on-one with professionals in your field of interest.
- Spring Job Fair: March 23rd, 2-5pm, Davis Center 4th Floor. Join us for the Spring Job Fair!
- Resume Jumpstart: Monday, 4:15pm, L/L E
- Market Yourself to Get Hired: Tuesday, 4:15 pm, L/L E
- Drop-in Career Counseling: Monday-Thursday, 1-4pm during the semester