Find Part-Time Jobs
Need a job? Looking for seasonal work? You have options! Work experience is important and valuable when you go to find full-time employment.
Consider what is most important to you right now
Choose your part-time job with these needs in mind. Part-time work can offer far more than a paycheck; consider a position that offers experience relative to your area of study and/or an opportunity to explore work environments and fields.
Tips for finding a Part-Time Job
- Apply in person: Many organizations prefer to take applications for part time work in person. It is usually fine to stop by during business hours to request an application.
- Dress appropriately: You may be able to speak to the hiring manager.
- Plan your strategy around location: If you don't have a car on campus, consider the bus routes. (CCTA)
- Be realistic about your time availability: take into consideration class and study time, activities, social time and commuting time!
Part-time Job Search Resources
Links to area job posting sites
- Seven Days: Weekly online postings
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: Jobs and Paid Internships
- School Spring: Education Related positions
- Student Employment Office: Work-study & other on-campus jobs
- Campus options
- Department and school/college bulletin boards
Local Business and Organization Directories
Listings of area businesses and their contact information to assist in the job search process.
- Church Street Marketplace: List of businesses near campus
- The University Mall: List of businesses near campus
Sample Area Employers
- City of Burlington
- Temporary Agencies:
Last modified December 06 2018 03:15 PM