Choosing a Major
How do you choose just one?
Your UVM years will be rich with new experiences ... how can you be expected to choose just one area of interest? Some people just know; most do not. Career Services is here to help. We hope you'll come in and meet with a career counselor to talk about majors and minors, but first, we recommend that you investigate the following self-guided tasks below:
Just for fun!
Play match the major with its occupation. We think you'll be surprised ...
- Talk to professors of courses you are interested in or enjoying. Professors are great resources about what it might be like to major in that area.
- Get to know what majors and minors are offered at UVM. View the majors, minors and graduate programs list. Explore the UVM Catalogue.
- Learn about how many majors translate to diverse career paths. Visit what can I do with a major in ... ?
- Visit MyMajors.com online resource: Connecting students to their majors and their futures. Go to mymajors.com.
- Complete the choosing a major worksheet: Answer the questions, then meet with a career counselor to discuss. View the worksheet.
- Come see us. Our career counselors are qualified to help you talk through all of your thoughts and questions when declaring a major. Schedule an appointment.
Last modified August 28 2012 01:45 PM