Find Full-Time Employment
How do you start a job search?
UVM Career Services is a place to start a job search. We bring employers to campus, manage a job and internship database called Catamount Job Link with local, national and international opportunities and we offer career counseling services to assist your individualized search.
Prepare for your job search
Before you begin your search, follow our preparation steps:
- Build a resume
- Begin Networking and Informational Interviewing
- Write a Cover Letter
- Prepare for an Interview
Start your search
Search Catamount Job Link
Search for jobs internships on Catamount Job Link, UVM's job and internship database.
Research industry specific career information
We've collected some of the best resources available online and have organized them for our job seekers. Research career fields.
Utilize general job search databases and resources
Job Search Resources
Meet with employers recruiting on campus
Employers regularly come to campus to connect with UVM students for jobs and internshipss, Here are some of the ways to meet employers.
- Information Tables: Throughout the year, employers come to campus wanting to meet you and share information about their company, organization and opportunities. The tables are located in the atrium of the Davis Center and offer a chance to informally learn more about job and career options. Visit our calendar of events.
- Information Sessions: Employers also offer sessions featuring more in-depth information regarding their company and current openings for employment and internships. These sessions are open to all students researching opportunities and job requirements. Be curious. Learn about what employers have to offer and what they need from you. Visit our calendar of events.
- On-campus Interviews: Graduating soon? Employers are coming to campus to recruit and interview you. By using our Catamount Job Link database, you can apply to positions directly and be selected for an interview right here on campus. These jobs are located in the area, as well as nationally and internationally.
- Events: Employers come to campus for our Career Fair held each semester and for networking events throughout the year. Attending these events can help you understand how to use your studies and time at UVM effectively so that you are well prepared for the job market. Begin to make contacts at any stage of your educational career and take advantage of employers who are coming to you and are interested in hiring UVM students and graduates. Visit our calendar of events.
Talk to a counselor
If you have any questions, need someone to look over your resume or cover letter, or just need someone to practice interviewing with you, look no further than the Career Center.
Last modified August 23 2013 03:01 PM