About our Office Assistant Positions
The Career Peer Mentor (CPM) program is a leadership program for sophomores, juniors and seniors who are interested in promoting the mission of the Career Center while actively assisting students with their career aspirations and life-long learning goals. Career Peer Mentors are trained to lead career programs and workshops, provide resume reviews and information to students regarding their career development while serving as a representative of our office.
What We Do
- Answer phones (training provided)
- Schedule appointments for counseling staff using Oracle calendar
- Greet students, alumni, parents, employers and other visitors to the Career Center.
- Post flyers around campus; Enter students, jobs & internships into Catamount Job Link database (training provided).
- Assist at special events (ie, job fairs, networking events, etc.)
- Receive/sort/distribute mail, help design and update bulletin boards, photocopying and other general office responsibilities.
- Excellent phone skills
- Customer service experience
- Data entry skills required
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Be a self-starter and be reliable
- Professional/business casual dress is required while working
- Must be currently enrolled student with Federal Work-Study Funds
Last modified January 29 2015 10:01 AM