About our Career Peer Mentor Program
CPM Application 2015-2016
Apply to be a Career Peer Mentor for 2015-2016
Application deadline: Friday, April 10th!
Please send your resume and a completed application to Danielle Gallant at email@example.com or drop them off at the Career Center in L/L Bldg. E Rm. 140.
The Career Peer Mentor (CPM) program is a leadership program for sophomores, juniors and seniors who are interested in promoting the mission of the Career Center while actively assisting students with their career aspirations and life-long learning goals. Career Peer Mentors are trained to lead career programs and workshops, provide resume reviews and information to students regarding their career development while serving as a representative of our office.
- Serve as the front line at the Davis Center space using a professional triage process.
- Facilitate resume workshops and small student group trainings on career topics.
- Assist with Drop-Ins by working with students one on one, and to serve as a peer mentor with the career development process.
- Perform resume reviews either within 1:1 consultations or Catamount Job Link.
- Assist with the marketing of our large and small events through posters, outreach, announcements and social media.
- Collaborate with career counselors with various projects throughout the year.
- Attend CPM staff meetings.
- Leadership experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good critical thinking & analytical skills
- Commitment to social justice and multicultural awareness
- Time management skills
- Positive energy and work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative team
- Preferred: experience with social media including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Non work-study and work-study students may apply.
- Required to complete designated weekly office hours.
- Log all work hours on a weekly basis.
- Attend CPM meetings.
- Work only on tasks associated with the Career Center; no homework during work hours.
- Take initiative on work tasks and to be observant of the needs of the office.
- Work throughout the whole academic year.
Last modified March 20 2015 11:23 AM