Lecture Six CALS 001/183 Foundations:
Communication Methods, Lecture Outline
Week of Oct 12 - 16, 2015.
CALS 183: Students go to
one lecture and one lab per week
Lecture A (CRN 90140) Tuesdays 2:50-4:05pm L/L Commons 315
Lecture B (CRN 91368) Thursdays 1:15-2:30pm L/L Commons 315
Please put away all electronic
devices (laptops, smart phones, Ipods, etc.) and take out
something to write with and paper.
Attendance Speech (30 seconds): If you could magically play any
musical instrument, what would it be?
From the TAS:
Assignments & Announcements:
Informational and Persuasive
Presentations suggested order of things to do:
1. Mind Map first draft
2. Research your topic
3. Detailed Outline
4. Mind Map second draft
5. Presentation outline (big font, one sheet)
6. Practice at least three times in front of friends and get feedback
7. GIVE YOUR PRESENTATION
8. View your presentation, read peer evaluations, reflect
9. Write your reflection paper
10. Assemble your reflection folder: Reflection Folder Checklist folder is due at the beginning of lab the following week. Here's an example of the Contents of the Reflection Folder.
TED Speaking Suggestions (forwarded to me by former student)
Group Critical Analysis Presentation
of two ARTICLES on either sides of an
View beginning of: Raw Milk Controversy
Persuasive Presentations: How they
differ from Informational Presentations.
View & Critique: Wash
How to use a paper towel TED Talk