Lecture Eight CALS 001 Foundations: Communication Methods, Lecture Outline
Week of Oct 14-18, 2013.
A (90152) Mondays 1:55 – 2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
Lecture B (90153)
Wednesdays 1:55 – 2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
Lecture C (94275) Fridays 1:55 - 2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
Lecture D (94276) Tuesdays 2:30 - 3:45 pm, Kalkin 001 Go to Any Lecture, Stick to your lab!
CALS 183 (also option for lecture):
Lecture A (90167) Tuesdays 1:00-2:15pm, Hills 122
Lecture B (91633) Thursdays 1:00-2:15pm, Hills 122
Please put away all
electronic devices (laptops, smart phones, iPods, etc.) and take
out something to write with and paper.
Attendance speech: "Your Name, A goal I have is to ______"Assignments & Announcements:
- Practice your Persuasive presentation.
- Bring Flash Drive (2+ Gigs) to lab when you present (persuasive / choice).
Syllabus speaking schedule for when you are presenting and your lab role.
Outside Speech Critique
assignment. UVM lecture
calendar site. Due in NEXT WEEK IN LAB!
- Post to
a week (need at least 14 postings by the last day of classes).
- Visit with your
academic advisor twice this semester and have them sign the
Advisor Meeting Form.
- Join a club/sport or community organization - give your TAs evidence that you have joined.
- Mid Term Exam November 4-8: Three Weeks away.
Tips From TAs:
- Follow the Critique Sheets!
- Objective: "After my presentation you will...."
- Flash Drives - 2+ GB free
- Proof Read your reflection papers
LECTURE:The single most important thing to do in
preparing to speak: Practice in front of others and get
View & Critique: Dan
Pink's Motivation TED Talk
Most Famous Speech of the Twentieth Century: Martin Luther King's,
Have A Dream. Stylistic languages devices
Anysis of the Martin Luther King speech: Nancy Duarte