Lecture Five CALS 001 Foundations: Communication Methods, Lecture Outline
Week of Sept 23-27, 2013.
A (90152) Mondays 1:55 – 2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
Lecture B (90153)
Wednesdays 1:55 – 2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
Lecture C (94275) Fridays 1:55 - 2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
Lecture D (94276) Tuesdays 2:30 - 3:45 pm, Kalkin 001 Go to Any Lecture, Stick to your lab!
CALS 183 (also option for lecture):
Lecture A (90167) Tuesdays 1:00-2:15pm, Hills 122
Lecture B (91633) Thursdays 1:00-2:15pm, Hills 122
Please put away all
electronic devices (laptops, smart phones, Ipods, etc.) and take
out a PENCIL.
Questions?Assignments & Announcements:
- Practice your informational presentation in front of
others and get feedback.
- Bring Flash Drive (2+ Gigs) to lab when you present.
Syllabus speaking schedule for when you are reading and your lab role.
Outside Speech Critique
assignment. UVM lecture
- Post to
a week (need at least 14 postings by the last day of classes).
- Visit with your
academic advisor twice this semester and have them sign the
Advisor Meeting Form.
- Join a club/sport or community organization - give your TAs evidence that you have joined.
LECTURE:The single most important thing to do in
preparing to speak: Practice in front of others and get
Informational Presentation Critique sheet, Questions?
Informational Presentation suggested order of
things to do:
1. Mind Map first draft
2. Research your topic
3. Mind Map second draft
4. Detailed outline
5. Presentation outline (big font, one sheet)
6. Practice at least four times in front of friends and get
7. GIVE YOUR PRESENTATION
8. View your presentation, read peer evaluations, reflect
9. Write your reflection paper
10. Assemble your reflection folder:
Folder Checklist folder is due at the beginning of lab the following week.
Here's an example of the
Contents of the Reflection Folder.
QUIZ ON Present Yourself