Lecture Ten CALS 001 Foundations: Communication Methods, Lecture Outline
Week of Oct 28-Nov 1, 2013.
A (90152) Mondays 1:55 – 2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
Lecture B (90153)
Wednesdays 1:55 – 2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
Lecture C (94275) Fridays 1:55 - 2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
Lecture D (94276) Tuesdays 2:30 - 3:45 pm, Kalkin 001
CALS 183 (also option for lecture):
Lecture A (90167) Tuesdays 1:00-2:15pm, Hills 122
Lecture B (91633) Thursdays 1:00-2:15pm, Hills 122
Questions?Assignments & Announcements:
- Practice your Persuasive & Choice presentation.
- Bring Flash Drive (2+ Gigs) to lab when you present (persuasive / choice).
Syllabus speaking schedule for when you are presenting and your lab role.
- Post to
a week (need at least 14 postings by the last day of classes).
- Visit with your
academic advisor twice this semester and have them sign the
Advisor Meeting Form. Spring 2014 schedule of courses is now online at the Registrar's Page.
- Join a club/sport or community organization - give your TAs evidence that you have joined.
- Mid Term Exam November 4-8: NEXT Week! - There will be questions on The Ghost Map summer read.
Tips From TAs:
- For persuasive presentations: you must persuade the Audience to do something. ACTION must be clear!
- Objective: "After my presentation you will do...."
- Flash Drives - 2+ GB free
- Proof Read your reflection papers
- Repeat questions at the end
- Pause for effect
LECTURE:The single most important thing to do in
preparing to speak: Practice in front of others and get
Formal Introductions in Lecture