The Unit charges for all of its services. Limited services are offered through General Fund Support from the College of Medicine Dean's Office for proposal preparation and/or manuscript review in situations where department and/or grant funds are not available. Chargeable costs include personnel, miscellaneous (project related supplies, copies, fax), computer hardware/software (when purchased specifically for a project). Faculty/Staff are required to maintain monthly Staff Activity Reports which track hours spent on both salary line and fee-for-service projects.
Personnel costs may be covered by:
- Salary Line: listing appropriate percentage of Unit personnel in the salary line section of a grant/contract
- Operating: listing as Statistical Services with a set amount to be billed as expensed on a monthly fee-for-service basis.
For research efforts requiring longer term commitments of personnel, salary line percent effort is the preferred mechanism of payment as fee-for-service does not guarantee availability of specific personnel on a project.
- $200/hour for consultation/analysis services of Dr. Takamaru Ashikaga, Director
for Senior.Faculty/Biostatisticians (G Badger, J
Bunn, P Callas,
- $85/hour for M.S. Biostatisticians (M DeSarno, M Kenny, J Skelly)
- $50/hour for M.S. Data Analysts (L A Holterman)
- $35/hour for research support staff (interviewing, coding, direct entry/scanning)
Note: Emergency requests for services without prior scheduling by Biostatistics personnel will be accommodated only if time permits and services will be charged at double the above rates.
Costs of project-specific supplies and computer hardware/software are billed on a monthly basis to projects listing percent salary line personnel as well as fee-for-service personnel.
for all University research projects is
done via the
Last modified June 27 2013 04:27 PM