Department of Biology
Faculty - Bin Deng
Bin Deng, Research Assistant Professor
- Ph.D., Tsinghua University, 2003
- University of Michigan 03-06, Postdoctoral Fellow
- Medical School 03-04, Public Health Sciences Division
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle 04-06
- University of Vermont 2006 - 2009, Research Associate
- University of Vermont 2009 - present, Assistant Professor
Area of expertise
Contact InformationEmail: Bin Deng
Office Hours: by appointment
Marsh Life Science Building, Rm 337
Phone: (802) 656-5099
Website: Vermont Genetics Network
My main responsibility is to work with the faculty, staff, and students of UVM and VGN Baccalaureate Partner Institutions (BPIs) in using mass spectometry-based proteomic techniques for their projects. Please visit Vermont Genetics Network.
- Managing and operating Proteomics Facility in a routine way.
- Interacting with investigators and their proteomics projects.
- Providing technical and scientific support for proteomics researches at UVM and VGN BPIs.
- Developing new methods for proteomics researches.
- Sokocevic D, Bonenfant NR, Wagner DE, Borg ZD, Lathrop MJ, Lam YW, Deng B, Desarno MJ, Ashikaga T, Loi R, Hoffman AM, Weiss DJ. The effect of age and emphysematous and fibrotic injury on the re-cellularization of de-cellularized lungs. Biomaterials. 2013 Apr; 34(13):3256-69.
- Bonenfant NR, Sokocevic D, Wagner DE, Borg ZD, Lathrop MJ, Lam YW, Deng B, Desarno MJ, Ashikaga T, Loi R, Weiss DJ. The effects of storage and sterilization on de-cellularized and re-cellularized whole lung. Biomaterials. 2013 Apr; 34(13):3231-45.
- Wallis JM, Borg ZD, Daly AB, Deng B, Ballif B, Allen GB, Jaworski DM, Weiss D. Comparative Assessment of Detergent-Based Protocols for Mouse Lung De-Cellularization and Re-Cellularization. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2012 Jun; 18(6):420-32.
- Daly AB, Wallis JM, Borg ZD, Bonvillain RW, Deng B, Baliff BA, Jaworski DM, Allen GB, Weiss D. Initial Binding and Re-Cellularization of De-Cellularized Mouse Lung Scaffolds with Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells. Tissue Eng Part A. 2012 Jan; 18(1-2):1-16.
- Hristova M, Spiess PC, Kasahara DI, Randall MJ, Deng B, van der Vliet A. The Tobacco Smoke Component Acrolein Suppresses Innate Macrophage Responses by Direct Alkylation of c-Jun-N-terminal Kinase. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012 Jan; 46 (1):23-33.
- Spiess PC, Deng B, Hondal RJ, Matthews DE, van der Vliet A. Proteomic profiling of acrolein adducts in human lung epithelial cells. J Proteomics. 2011 Oct 19;74(11):2380-94
- Minajigi A, Deng B, Francklyn CS. Fidelity Escape by the Unnatural Amino Acid β-Hydroxynorvaline: An Efficient Substrate for Escherichia coli Threonyl-tRNA Synthetase with Toxic Effects on Growth. Biochemistry. 2011, 50, 1101-1109.
- Echeverria PC, Figueras MJ, Vogler M, Kriehuber T, de Miguel N, Deng B, Dalmasso MC, Matthews DE, Matrajt M, Haslbeck M, Buchner J, Angel SO. The Hsp90 co-chaperone p23 of Toxoplasma gondii: Identification, functional analysis and dynamic interactome determination. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2010 Aug; 172(2):129-40.
- Thornton TM, Pedraza-Alva G, Deng B, Wood CD, Aronshtam A, Clements JL, Sabio G, Davis RJ, Matthews DE, Doble B, Rincon M. Phosphorylation by p38 MAPK as an alternative pathway for GSK3 beta inactivation. Science. 2 May 2008: Vol. 320. pp. 667-670.
- Mannová P, Fang R, Wang H, Deng B, McIntosh MW, Hanash SM, Beretta L. Modification of host lipid raft proteome on hepatitis C virus replication. Mol Cell Proteomics, Aug 2006; 5.12. 2319-2325.
- Deng B, Ye N, Luo G, Chen X, Wang Y. Proteomics Analysis of Stage-specific Proteins Expressed in Human Squamous Cell Lung Carcinoma Tissues. Cancer Biomarkers. Volume 1, Number 6 / 2005, 279-286.
- Misek DE, Kuick R, Wang H, Galchev V, Deng B, Zhao R, Tra J, Pisano MR, Amunugama R, Allen D, Walker AK, Strahler JR, Andrews P, Omenn GS, Hanash SM. Wide Range of Protein Isoforms in Serum and Plasma Uncovered by a Quantitative Intact Protein Analysis System (IPAS). Proteomics. 2005, Volume 5, Issue 13, Pages 3343 - 3352.
- Deng B, Ye NS, Luo GA, Wang YM. Separation of tissue proteins of human lung carcinomas by partial-filling capillary electrophoresis. J. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 5 (8), 2005. 1193-98.
- Qin XM, Duan MX, Deng B, Liu XC, Zhang QZ, Liu Z, He HX. Isolation and identification of a new thymic peptide from calf thymus. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2004 Aug; 69(8): 921-925.
- Deng B, Ru Q, Luo GA. Monitoring the Unfolding and Refolding of Creatine Kinase by Capillary Zone Electrophoresis, J Capill Electrophor Microchip Technol. 2003 Jan-Apr; 8 (1-2): 7-10.
- Deng B, Liu Z, Luo G, Ma H, Duan M. Rapid quantitative determination and assessment of insulin in W/O/W formulation by micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 2002, 27: 73-80.
- Deng B, Lu JP, Yan JH. Separation of alcohol-soluble proteins from tobacco seeds by capillary zone electrophoresis. J. Chromatogr. A 1998, 803 (1-2): 321-327.
Faculty Directory Links
- Jim O. Vigoreaux
- Ingi Agnarsson
- Bryan Ballif
- Alison K. Brody
- Eugene Delay
- Rona Delay
- Alicia Ebert
- Charles J. Goodnight
- Nicholas J. Gotelli
- Sara Helms Cahan
- C. William Kilpatrick
- Joseph J. Schall
- Lori Stevens
- Judith Van Houten
Research Assistant Professors, Associates & Affiliates
- Jan Decher
- Bin Deng
- Ken Helms
- Linden Higgins
- Wai Lam
- Janet Murray (e-mail)
- James Vincent (e-mail)
- Junji Yano (e-mail)
- William Ardren (e-mail)
- Joyce Bell
- Eric Buel
- William Bress (e-mail)
- Patricia Dorn
- Julie Dragon (e-mail)
- Michael Romano
- Steve Shapiro
- Charles Woods (e-mail)