home

Department of Art & Art History


Facilities

Williams Hall Built in 1896 of steel, concrete, stone, and brick, Williams Hall is a copy of the Oxford Museum in England, a building designed by John Ruskin. Designed by Wilson Brothers, architects and engineers of Philadelphia, PA, the brick exterior facades of Williams Hall are enriched with terra cotta Gothic ornamentation. The building originally provided space for science education.

Art studio facilities include a digital imaging lab, a photography lighting studio, two photographic darkrooms, a drawing studio, two sculpture studios, a woodshop, a painting studio with a dedicated critique room, a printmaking studio, a fine metals lab, a ceramics studio, and a film/video animation lab.

Art History facilities include a slide library holding over 130,000 art historical slides, a seminar room, and two lecture rooms.

For those who are not a part of UVM but want to use an arts facility in Burlington, check out these two organizations!

UVM Photo Co-Op at Living and Learning
UVM Ceramic Co-op at Living and Learning

Contact UVM © 2014 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131