Communication Methods Lecture Twelve Outline, Tuesday 15 April, Thursday 17 April
Lecture A (CRN 12028) Tuesdays
2:30-3:45pm Flemming 101
Lecture B (CRN 91633) Thursdays
2:30-3:45pm Given E 131 (Carpenter Auditorium)
Please put away all electronic devices (lap tops, smart phones, iPods,
iPads etc.) and take out something to write with and paper.Assignments
TIPS FROM TAs:
- Practice your Choice Presentation.
- Bring Flash
Drive (2+ Gigs) to lab when you present.
Syllabus speaking schedule for when you are presenting and your
- Work on Conclusions: End Powerfully!
- You are expected to be in lab on time. Being late = -1% off final course grade each time late.
- Work on Creative Hooks.
Return exams: Exam Scores.
most important thing to do in preparing to speak: Practice in front of others and get feedback!
Choice Presentations suggested order of
things to do:
1. Mind Map first draft
2. Research your topic
3. Detailed outline
4. Mind Map second draft
5. Presentation outline (big font, one sheet)
6. Practice at least three times in front of friends and get
7. GIVE YOUR PRESENTATION
8. View your presentation, read peer evaluations, reflect
9. Write your reflection paper
10. Assemble your reflection folder:
Folder Checklist folder is due at the beginning of lab the following week.
Here's an example of the
Contents of the Reflection Folder.
folders may be handed in to the IN box outside of Dr. L's office (208 D
Morrill) or Dr. L's mailbox (second floor Morrill along north wall
adjacent to staircase)
Finish Formal Introductions
Dr. Beck Weathers's Talk