Communication Methods Lecture Ten Outline, Tuesday 25 March, Thursday 27 March
Lecture A (CRN 12028) Tuesdays
2:30-3:45pm Flemming 101
Lecture B (CRN 91633) Thursdays
2:30-3:45pm Given E 131 (Carpenter Auditorium)
Please put away all electronic devices (lap tops, smart phones, iPods,
iPads etc.) and take out something to write with and paper.Assignments
- Mid-Term Exam Two Weeks Away: April 8 & 10, Multiple choice, ~50 questions on paper.
- Practice your Persuasive & choice Presentation.
- Bring Flash
Drive (2+ Gigs) to lab when you present.
Syllabus speaking schedule for when you are presenting and your
most important thing to do in preparing to speak: Practice in front of others and get feedback!
Persuasive & Choice Presentations suggested order of
things to do:
1. Mind Map first draft
2. Research your topic
3. Detailed outline
4. Mind Map second draft
5. Presentation outline (big font, one sheet)
6. Practice at least three times in front of friends and get
7. GIVE YOUR PRESENTATION
8. View your presentation, read peer evaluations, reflect
9. Write your reflection paper
10. Assemble your reflection folder:
Folder Checklist folder is due at the beginning of lab the following week.
Here's an example of the
Contents of the Reflection Folder.
More Formal Introductions
Amy Cuddy"s TED Talk
Attendance Speech: (30 seconds or less, Your Name, my most frightning moment was...).