CALS 183 Communication Methods, Lecture Outline
Week of Oct 7-11, 2013.
Lecture A (90167) Tuesdays 1:00-2:15pm, Hills 122
Lecture B (91633) Thursdays 1:00-2:15pm, Hills 122
CALS 001(also option for lecture):
Lecture A (90152) Mondays 1:55 –
2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
B (90153) Wednesdays 1:55 – 2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
Lecture C (94275) Fridays 1:55
- 2:45 pm, Kalkin 001
(94276) Tuesdays 2:30 - 3:45 pm, Kalkin 001
away all electronic devices (laptops, smart phones, iPods,
etc.) and take out a something to write with and paper.
Attendance speech: "Your Name, I have always wanted to ______"
Tips From TAs:
- Practice your Group Critical Analysis presentation.
- Bring Flash
Drive (2+ Gigs) to lab when you present (Individual / Persuasive / Choice).
Syllabus speaking schedule for when you are presenting and your
Speech Critique assignment. UVM lecture calendar
site. Due in TWO WEEKS in lab week of Oct 21.
- Follow the Critique Sheets!
- Work on more creative hooks (show of hands is getting old) and Powerful Endings.
- Objectives should clearly say how the audience will be changed: "After my presentation you will..."
- Any statistics or facts not common knowledge should be sourced "according to ..."
- Repeat any questions at the end of your presentation so everyone can hear.
- Source images.
- Double space reflection papers.
- Any video clips should be short - 15 seconds perfect, no more than 30 seconds.
- Attendance policy - only death in family, extreme sickness or accident, with Dean's office approval are excused and made up.
-Objective - action
View & Critique: Wash Your Hands
Pink's Motivation TED Talk, How
to Tie Your Shoes, How
to use paper towels